The Stars of Today's Sesame Street

SSLFan

Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I have had this question I have wanted to ask for ages- who are the stars of "Today's Sesame Street?" I mean, lately it seems like the media has been hyping up Elmo, Big Bird, and Zoe to be the stars, but if you watch the actual show, your only seeing the usual Elmo, Telly, Zoe, and Baby Bear( no offense to any fans). So I ask you, who are the true stars of "Today's Sesame Street?" :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Telly, Zoe, and Baby Bear definitely seemed to be the stars of season 34, but for the past few seasons, or so, there's only been one star really, and that's Elmo.

Today: Elmo is to Sesame Street, as Hawkeye is to M*A*S*H.

BEAR

Reaction score
I suppose I'd say Elmo, Telly, Zoe, Baby Bear, Big Bird and Grover.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
There starting to use Cookie quite a bit more now, too.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As was said before, Elmo and the others first came into stardom after Henson and Hunt passed on, and Frank Oz did the show less and less. While Bird is always ubiquitous, Elmo and the others have a bigger presense. This was out of necissity as there were less perfomrers and none of the older characters were recast yet. They stuck.

I feel that they are bringing more classic characters like Grover and Cookie back into the spotlight, however. And Oscar, Ernie, and Bert are still around. The only characters we really lost were Herry, 2 Headed Monster (now that they got rid of JTE), and older characters they couln't recast yet, or come up with new sketches for (i.e. Guy Smiley).

You also forgot Abby Cadabby.

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Whenever you see a group shot of the SS Muppets nowadays, it's:

Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Grover, Zoe, and Elmo

(surprisingly, Telly, Rosita, and Baby Bear are never in the core group shots whenever you see any marketing products)

In the 70's, it used to be:

Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Grover, Herry, Prairie Dawn, Count.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
You also forgot Abby Cadabby.
As much publicity as Abby's been getting, I have read somewhere that Abby only appeared in three episodes of the 37th season. I wonder how frequent her appearances will be next season.

BEAR

Reaction score
As much publicity as Abby's been getting, I have read somewhere that Abby only appeared in three episodes of the 37th season. I wonder how frequent her appearances will be next season.

It's been said that she will be in many more, if not every, episodes next season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's been said that she will be in many more, if not every, episodes next season.
Leslie Cararra said that Abby will be in ALMOST every episode this coming season.