The Stars of Today's Sesame Street

SSLFan

Reaction score
Whenever you see a group shot of the SS Muppets nowadays, it's:

Big Bird, Oscar, Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Grover, Zoe, and Elmo

(surprisingly, Telly, Rosita, and Baby Bear are never in the core group shots whenever you see any marketing products)
What about The Count, Prarrie Dawn, Snuffy and Slimey? Does Abby count yet?:concern:

BEAR

Reaction score
What about The Count, Prarrie Dawn, Snuffy and Slimey? Does Abby count yet?:concern:
Count, Prairie and Snuffy are still very much supporting characters. Snuffy is a little bigger of a role I would say since he only really appears in the Street story.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I think that were going to see a lot more of Abby coming this fall. It's going to be Abby mania so to speak. But they are just gearing up for that. She is basically starting near the A list of characters from the beginning.

Drtooth

Reaction score
(surprisingly, Telly, Rosita, and Baby Bear are never in the core group shots whenever you see any marketing products)
You know... I've been lobbying for Telly Monster products my entire life. A hand full did sneak out over the years, but not enough for my taste. Rosita had her own juice in the Sesame Street Apple and Eve line for a while, but that's about it. (You'd think with people clammering for positive Latino role model characters, she'd be around more). But I guess these characters are popular in children's book (picture and coloring) form.

somethingofafan

Reaction score
If you look at the group shot of the Muppet cast at the end of the funding credits (taken from the "Friends" segment of Elmo's World) and add Oscar (and maybe Slimey and Snuffy), that should give you a good idea who the stars are.

That said, some are more likely to appear in their own segments than on the street.

SSLFan

Reaction score
It seems this season their putting foucus torwards Abby and Elmo.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also see a lot of Telly and Baby Bear. Now, I don't like how they brought back Hero Guy and all, but these 2 characters are viciously underrated considering half the main plot revolved around them.

I would say if Big Bird is losing his stardom, it wouldn't be so much like Elmo taking over, as like what they did with Muppets Tonight. Like Kermit, he's still there, but just not the host he was anymore.

And hey, why are we JUST talking about the muppet characters? What about the other stars, like Gordon, Maria, and Alan?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't get it, Hero Guy's great!

But the sudden focus on Baby Bear and Telly lately reminds me of how for a while there, just about every storyline in Season 34 seemed to revolve around them and either Zoe or Rosita.

SSLFan

Reaction score
I would say if Big Bird is losing his stardom, it wouldn't be so much like Elmo taking over, as like what they did with Muppets Tonight. Like Kermit, he's still there, but just not the host he was anymore.
Nah, I seriously doubt that.