The State of Us & Our Things

jvcarroll

Reaction score
So yeah. Other reasons I've been kind of hating myself lately.

Anxiety/depression. Honestly there are days I feel like I just have no desire to do anything, and it really sucks. Because then I have alot of trouble getting out of bed.

Knowing too much. This is pretty much already covered, but sometimes there are days I wish I could dump away alot of memories and thoughts from my brain.

And to be honest..... Just kind of living with my parents lately. We don't really talk that often, probably cause I'm too busy locked away in my room. There are days I definitely miss having my independence and just not having to be around anyone when **** is bugging me.
May I offer a word of advice? I also have challenges with anxiety and depression. When I have an unwillingness to do anything or desire for much at all, I get off my butt, grab my jacket and walk around the block once. Maybe I'll stop by the corner store and chat up the cashiers. The simple act of breaking up the space, or leaving one space for another, however briefly, can change things a great deal. The hard part is getting to that point where I'm able to get off my butt. That can be veeeeeeeeerry difficult (especially if there's pizza nearby).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Sometimes I go to my local library just to chill and get out of the house. Lately with the snow though, it's the only place i've been able to go.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Up until late 2013/early 2014, I was a very cynical and jaded person, and it was not uncommon for fellow MCers to always call me out on being so negative and pessimistic. My argument would always be that I'm not negative or pessimistic, I'm just realistic (and that everybody else was cockeyed and naive). A lot of this stemmed from growing up with a very, very dysfunctional childhood, between moving so many times (sometimes two or three times in the same year), and having parents worthy of being characters in a sitcom, and living through so much disappointment, it really shaped the kind of person I had grown into: yes, I was cynical, and yes I was jaded, but life had made me that way. My personal philosphy was that it's better to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised and/or proven wrong, than to expect the best and be disappointed. This was all I knew, and honestly, I never really thought any differently, because I didn't know how, this just came naturally to me.

But since late 2013/early 2014, I've finally had some more stability in my life, and things have slowly, but greatly improved for not only myself, but my family as well. And it was around this time that I finally was able to learn that one of the reasons I was always such a negative person was because I would either dwell on the past too much, or worry about the future too much . . . I was never in the now, but I had finally learned to do just that: live for now, stay in the present, and take life one day at a time. And since then, I've been a much happier, more cheerful, and more positive person for it, and it's amazing how so much better I've felt about life and myself because of it.

But for a year now, I've dropped right back to where I was before, and after having spent a number of years feeling so much more cheerful and optimistic, I now realize how miserable it feels to be cynical, jaded, and pessimistic . . . and I really don't want to be in this frame of mind again. I'm always angry, I'm always frustrated, I'm always annoyed, it's like I get up every morning and dread what I'm going to learn about what kind of crap is happening in the world, because it's always something everyday anymore: a shooting, a massacre, a riot, something.

Like I said, I never realized how miserable a person I actually was until I managed to rise above that phase and become a more positive person, and now that I realize how miserable it feels be a pessimist, I just hate it. I hate feeling like this, but with so much going on right now, I don't know what to do to try to maintain the positive vibes I had been experiencing in recent years. Like Jamie has said time and again, what's happening around us is something we can't just turn a blind eye to in hopes that if we ignore, it'll all go away . . . but I certainly wish it could all go away with the push of a button, or the flip of a switch - because that's how it's felt like since I've fallen back into cynicism and pessimism.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Also @D'Snowth maybe it's only because I was off this site at the time, but to be honest, you seemed like a casual guy when I saw some of your rant videos on YouTube under Groverkent - a calm guy that just needs to blow off some steam once in a while.

Mainly the videos you made about SOPA and YouTube's new channel design in 2011 and 2013.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's what people did back then: when something like this came up, people made rant videos - it was something I wasn't immune to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
For some reason, I thought the channel design was why you deleted all of your Sesame Street videos at the time, until later on I learned it was copyright infringement.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
By the way, the nickname that my friend Mike gave me, I now gave it to Mr. Trump.

Salty white guy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
For some reason, I thought the channel design was why you deleted all of your Sesame Street videos at the time, until later on I learned it was copyright infringement.
Yeah, anytime a video of mine is deleted from that channel, it's because of copyright.

I was just thinking about it the other day how even though YouTube Poops (supposedly) fall under Fair Use, I've had a few nuked for copyright by bullies like Viacom and Universal.