The Storyteller on DVD

JFP

Reaction score
Cool Jim Henson Hour/Storyteller DVD Box Set Idea

Here's an idea for a cool DVD box set:
All the Storyteller episodes
All the Jim Henson Hour episodes
and All the Storyteller: Greek Myth episodes
All episodes uncut and with great A/V quality and subtitles in muptiple languages.

What do you think of my idea,guys?

Bored

Reaction score
Sounds good, now if only the Henson company would release something like that, or if not them, somebody else......'xcept Time-Life, those guys take FOREVER to send you a complete set of anything.....1 DVD a month? I'd like to watch the all the episodes of Kolchak the Nightstalker or Battlestar Galactica or any TV series they got on DVD in one go, not wait 3-4 years before I can actually do that.
Eldric

Stulz

Reaction score
1-a-month?

Why not just select the buy entire set option instead of the one DVD a month???

They do offer that option you know, right...?
:rolleyes:

Bored

Reaction score
Sorry, was thinking of Columbia House - Time-Life is just fine, but it's Columbia House that are the User-Unfriendly people. Sorry once again for the mix-up.

Gummianka

Reaction score
I've just received the two Japanese Storyteller DVD's, and they're excellent! The first disc contains 5 episodes and the second has 4. No forced subtitles on these as I understand is the case with the dutch discs.

The discs are available to by from Amazon Japan for 4700 Yen (approximately 39$) each. Check out the links if interested.

Here's a link to vol 1:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005QYPI/ref=sr_aps_d_9/249-8746788-4262756

...and vol 2:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005QYPJ/ref=sr_aps_d_10/249-8746788-4262756

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do these have just English subtitles or a seperate English audio track without subtitles?

scarecroe

Reaction score
So these have an English language track and no "burned in" subtitles?

Gummianka

Reaction score
No english subtitles. It's English audio track only and Japanese subtitle only, but with the possibility to turn the subtitles off.

Bored

Reaction score
What region are these though? Are they multi-region, or is it Region 4 (I THINK that's the region for Japan)?

Gummianka

Reaction score
They are region 2 discs ( both Japan and Europe is reg 2). The video format however is NTSC and not PAL, as the case is with the european dvd's.