The Way Things Were - SST FanFic

DTF

Reaction score
Wow, amazing story; so many great lines. I had to do something while listening tot he Indians in the playoffs, and decided to come here. Super job.

May I try to help your writers' block a little? I wrote a story here that might help. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1785210/1/The_Way_We_Were

It's the "FUll House" finale *greatly* expanded, made realistic, a bunch of new stuff in it. It might help you think about how Cookie Monster might find some things familiar, but not know why, or how he might find certain things memorable faster. If you want, you could even have Oscar help Cookie Monster recover his memory, but first you have to find him.

Realistically, amnesia victims recover earlier memories first, as I showed; you *might* throw people for a loop by having him remember he likes cookies...but not remember the others that well yet.

Who would be most likely to come up with a really wacky idea to try and help Cookie remember, like in my story - only to have him recall just before that idea? That's another thought.

Great job; hope reading mine helps a little. Of course, now you might wind up with too many ideas to choose from :smile:

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Thanks DTF! I've actually read alot of your stories over at Fanfiction, I didn't know you were "Me"! Anyway, I appreciate your thoughts and suggestions and trust me, it helps alot. Hopefully I'll get the ball rolling again soon. Thanks again!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Leaves a glass of milk and some oatmeal scotch cookies for Beth. Better get these before any of us monsters do, hope there's an update in the works and it'll get posted... Soon? Please, Ish?

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I'm trying! Everytime I get time to write I get interrupted. One of these days I do promise! This will not be like A Hollywood Adventure, I promise you that!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm... Maybe Beth will treat Cookie Monster to a late birthday gift and post another chapter of this great Sesame story. Maybe with the release of Old School Volume 2 this coming Tuesday, she'll gain further inspiration.

Oh well... *Waits for the next installment.
Post soon... Please... Ish.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Hey guys. It's no secret I've been dealing with some stuff in my personal life with my job and what not and I'm actually getting to a better place with some of it so that's a good thing. But what I have to share in regards to this story you're not going to like....

I'm taking a hiatus from writing for awhile. When I'm stressed out over other things the last thing I want to be stressed out about is getting a new chapter typed out. And since I'm finally destressing my life a bit I just want to focus on keeping those good feelings going.

I do intend to finish this story someday. I may even finish my Super Grover story someday. I may write many other stories someday. But for now I just need to take a break from writing over all.

I'll be posting on the forum as normal because that's a different kind of release for me. But it is kind of a relief to just not think about writing right now. I appreciate your support and understanding with my decision.

Thanks and hugs to all.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm... Seems a shame, what with how wonderfull it was going up to the last chapter... But is okay, we can understand that sometimes you need to step back before taking that Next Step. Just know we're here if you need inspiration or help or even muffins.
*Hugs to you Ish.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I wish you all the very best Beth. I pray things turn out well for you and your husband and I hope one day you find inspiration to get back into writing.

Oscar and Cookie will be waiting. I promise I shall pray for them too. :smile: