The Wild Thornberries, anyone like 'um?

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Way to bump a six-year-old thread Kate. :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue: :stick_out_tongue:

haha, I thought you were talking about me Katie- and I was like "whoa, did I?"

I didnt know Tim Curry was in this show, huh. I just never got into it as a kid, might be that we didnt have cable and the only place I could watch it was at my Grandmas and since we only got like a few golden hours of cable at my grandmas, we were picky with what we watched, and this show just didnt intrest us as much (you always wonder what was shown at the same time to make you think such things)

Drtooth

Reaction score
And it's nice to hear Tim Curry voice a good guy instead of his regular villain roles.
I'm agreeing 100% with you right there. I'm a big fan of Tim Curry, and while he did have some great villains (Pretorious, Taurus Bulba, and of course, Long John Silver in MTI) he really seemed type cast in those roles. But to see him as the upperclass stereotyped British type was a great stretch for Tim, and certainly something I wanted to see more of. I really wish there were more series where he could play the protagonist instead of the antagonist.

That said, I like Thornberries, but my favorite Klasky-Csupo Nicktoon will always be AAAH! Real Monsters.

Xerus

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! So, was Kevin Richardson in the series, or just the movie?
Your welcome. :smile: Kevin did voice the Shaman in both the series and the movie. There was an episode where Eliza first meets the Shaman and grants her the gift of speaking to animals. At first she could speak to animals but found she couldn't speak to people. So the Shaman ended up removing the spell and then tried an experimental spell that allowed Eliza to talk to both people and animals.

In the movie, they changed the Shaman's appearance for some reason, but was still voiced by Kevin though.

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Oh my gosh, The Wild Thornberries is one of my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE cartoons! I watched EVERY episode as a kid - I swear Nigel and Eliza are just like my dad and I. Nigel and my dad even look alike! Lol.... I even plan on playing the song Paul Simon wrote for the movie at my wedding - but not really because of the Wild Thornberries lol.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I realized I'd missed it before, so I went ahead and voted for the show on TVShowsOnDVD.com, adding it to my substantial list.
:smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
I love that series. When I was younger I wanted to be a zoologist so that made it even more fun to watch. I loved the movies that came from it. My favorite was The Origin of Donnie. I wish they would play it again. There was a great episode with Jane Goodall in it which was pretty cool, but I only saw it once because I didn't air all that much.

APRena

Reaction score
Awesomeness. I watched it when I was like 7, so I wanted to be Eliza when I grew up. :big_grin: I strongly recommend Rugrats Go Wild, if you haven't seen it.

I didn't know Tim Curry was Nigel! Mmmmm, Tim Curry... :flirt:

Kiki

Reaction score
Oh my goodness I froggin' *love* The Wild Thornberries. Nigal's my favourite. <3 x33 It's such a good show, I love the concept. I know it seems kinda straightforward, but when I was younger and it first aired I was writing and illustrating (not professionally, obviously) books -something I wish I could do more now, while when I was younger I seemed to have had less limitations and I could brainstorm things easier =/- the show seemed like such an inspiration to me. <3 That's just my little story-thingy about my emotional attatchment to the show, I'll be shoosh now. :stick_out_tongue: I also loved the movie. :smile:

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
There were times when I didn't really care for Debbie's attitude. But her relationship (and contrats of personalities) with Eliza and Donnie is so fun to watch at times.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Don't think I menioned this before. If anyone has I-tunes and buys from their store, there're a lot of good episodes there.
:smile: