The Worst TV Show Ever!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
"Heil Honey" may not work beyond an episode or two, but I crack up every time I hear Hitler say, "What a joik!"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
"Heil Honey" may not work beyond an episode or two, but I crack up every time I hear Hitler say, "What a joik!"
In some respects, the concept of the show seems like it's one of those things where i's so hilarious that it exists because it's so wrong. But than you actually watch it and it's just so uncomfortable to watch. It's great that you can laugh at it, I just can't.

Censored

Reaction score
Worst shows:

All reality shows; Malcom In The Middle; Seinfeld; South Park; Beavis and Butthead; I-40 Paradise. More to come.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Darnit... is this the "Worst TV Show Ever" thread or "shows I don't like and *&*^ anyone who does because my opinion wins" thread?

There's a difference between matter of taste and quality. True poor quality is universal.

I don't like FRIENDS at all, but I respect it spoke to people and it has its fans. And a lot of what we can appreciate or pan does depend on your age group and what you grew up with in a nostalgic sense. I'm saying this for the sake of sanity because if I got all defensive, we'd be here all day and feelings would be hurt. Likewise, I won't pick on something you like either.

Plus, lists aren't a discussion. There's no fun in reading stuff you dislike without reason.

TVTropes put it best in its general YMMV page with the following quotes:

Here are some guidelines to help:

This is not the same as Complaining About Shows You Don't Like, since popular series are by their very nature excluded from this Trope; see Hype Backlash instead.
Merely being offensive in its subject matter isn't enough to justify a work as Horrible. Hard as it is to imagine at times, there's a market for all types of deviancy (no matter how small a niche it is). It has to fail to appeal even to that niche to qualify here.
That said...

In some respects, the concept of the show seems like it's one of those things where i's so hilarious that it exists because it's so wrong. But than you actually watch it and it's just so uncomfortable to watch. It's great that you can laugh at it, I just can't.
Heil Honey is a show that's frustratingly in the wrong time period. Sure, it's not good, and I don't think it ever would be, even if it improved. The problem is the odd disproportionate levels of satire. It's too subtle where is should be broader, it's too dense and hamfisted when it should have been finessed. It was years after Mel Brooks nailed it with The Producers, it was years before dark comedy was appreciated by the mainstream. And while there are certainly better ways to parody the tropes of overly safe 1950's sitcoms, this show doesn't know whether to embrace it or mock it. Bad writing, even when done as a joke, can still be bad writing if it's not subtle and over the top enough. Same reason I hate the adult swim show "Decker." The entire gag is it's poorly written and terribly acted. So much so that instead of being an on purpose so bad it's good, it's just so bad it's BAAAAAD!

As for shows I find distasteful enough to speak ill about, I could easily talk about the same sleazy talk shows that should have lost relevance when Bill Clinton left office, or the crappy Judge programming. Those are lower than the lowest common denominator stuff. I could also quack about the awful edutainment shows that replaced Saturday Morning cartoons. Only a little of that is bias. And I could go on my usual "70's cartoons sucked" rant or say "reality Tv has ruined the country" to the obvious Trump reference. But i won't. I'll be a little more even handed here.

There was a sitcom Fox made I dunno how recent, it took place in a hotel, and I can't remember the name of it. I'm absolutely shocked that it hasn't been added to the So bad it's Horrible page yet. I saw one episode of that, and it was just the worst comedy writing you could think of. Mean spirited, lazy, and trying so darn hard to be edgy that every single character was unlikable. Dads wasn't that bad, and Dads sucked. And it only lasted 2 or 3 episodes before it was mercifully pulled Also the short lived WB series "The Help" which was exactly the same thing. If anyone knows of what the name of this sitcom was please tell me. Also... also the short lived WB show "The Help." Just as bad.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Thanks...

I think.

Boy, Jesse Tyler Fergison was in a lot of crap until Modern Family. Can't believe Jason Bateman was attached to this in any way. I'll just pretend it was a scam by the Bluth corporation.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
There are probably some people out there that like it since it's still in re-runs, but it boggles the mind that Mama's Family lasted for five (?) seasons. I know the original Carol Burnett sketches were funny, but the show was a pit of cliches and local-theater troupe acting.