The Worst TV Show Ever!

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Three's Company, Hogan's Heroes, Whose Line Is It Anyway?, The Powerpuff Girls, SpongeBob SquarePants, Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, Rugrats, The New Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy, Camp Lazlo, My Gym Partner's a Monkey, Bobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobobo, Codename: Kids Next Door, Everybody Loves Raymond, Will and Grace, All in the Family... I could go on forever.
Just out of curiosity, since I know you like Everybody Loves Raymond now. Have your opinions on any of these other shows changed?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, since I know you like Everybody Loves Raymond now. Have your opinions on any of these other shows changed?
I don't even remember the post you quoted, and looking back through the thread and seeing it was posted back in the middle of 2007 (when I was going through a spell of depression), I don't think I was in my right frame of mind then. But I suppose.
Also I feel stupid for asking what's the show with the long title? Cause frankly I don't remember it.
It was some show CN had on during the mid and late 2000s; I don't even know what the show was supposed to be, I just knew it had one of the most stupid and ridiculous titles ever (but then again, Pat Fraley thought the same thing about TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES).

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
It was some show CN had on during the mid and late 2000s; I don't even know what the show was supposed to be, I just knew it had one of the most stupid and ridiculous titles ever (but then again, Pat Fraley thought the same thing about TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES
Is this the show you're talking about, I think it looks stupid.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo is a huge parody of anime tropes, the entire premise is a huge stab (affectionately) at Fist of the North Star. It's quite good, even though the American dub had to Westernize the heck out of it. If you liked Samurai Pizza Cats, you probably will like this one.

But I'm going to contribute to some worsts with actual explanation of why they suck. But I'm narrowing it down to a specific, and these I've mentioned on another thread before, just ported here for the sake of conversation.

The Worst recent enough cartoons, I think:

Wild Grinders: This is a "where to begin" situation. There's so much screwed up about it, but i'll strike at the source. The show only exists because the head of Viacom looooves Rob Dyrdek to the point of stalker crush. Know how I'm always hassling "Rocket Power" for being a cynical attempt to get in the XTRREEEEEEEEMEEEEE crowd? Worse. Much, much worse. At least Rocket Power isn't a big egotistical self serving show that's incredibly poorly made in every aspect. The characters are all stock stereotypes (black "gangsta" kid, Asian ninja kid, southern redneck...where are the respective anti-defamation leagues?), the art design is pug flugging fugly, the flash or flash-esque animation is creaky, the writing is awful, the freaking show stole the villain (and a lot of its "humor") from Johnny Test. Yeah! A show actually said "Hey! You know that cartoon no one likes? That's the perfect model to base an even worse series on!" Thankfully Nick got the hint and booted it from Nicktoons for more live action sports magazine shows. Speaking of which...

Guardians of the Rush Zone: This actually is one of the "Oh, man! Did you see how stupid this show is? HAHAHAHA" cases. Someone had the brilliant idea to make a cartoon to get kids into football, ignoring the fact that kids who are already into football wouldn't want to see a watered down, terrible Power Rangers knockoff, and kids who don't like football won't be won over by a festering pile of garbage that's more harmful to the sport's image than helpful. Football is apparently so important that its mere energy can be used for a weapon of evil design (!), so a bunch of child soldiers become (again) football themed ripoff Power Rangers working with the embodiment of the teams (portrayed as Giant headed Football helmet wearing homunculi that rip any sense of drama out of a scene because of how freaking goofy they look) to save football and the world for some reason. Only thing that isn't laugh riot funny is when they try to be with the series's villain, a blatant ripoff of Cobra Commander with everything great about the character stripped down and Flanderized. Another reason why the US doesn't do good sports cartoons, something Japan has been kicking our butts over.

Stone Quackers: Maybe I'm just not a fan of Ben Jones cartoons. Ben Jones as in the guy that gave us ...eccchhh...Problem Solverz. I really hate this show because...it's hard to describe for one thing. It's like some weird mix between a bad parody of a bad creepypasta and some trolling conceptual artist piece that's an on purpose incomprehensible mess made to make haughty artsy types twist their minds to find anything compelling and meaningful about it when nothing is there. The "jokes" come from awkwardness and disturbing situations. No. Not Family Guy shock humor, just plain old absolutely disturbing nervous situations for you to laugh nervously at because it's probably the joke? No kidding. In fact, one of the show promotions to show you how "funny" it is, is someone in the back of an ambulance huddled in a blanket freaking out about needing his pills. it's actually quite horrifying to watch and it's supposed to be a joke. And *&*^&%^ it! One of the characters is just a duck version of the big stupid lumpy brown thing from Problem Solverz no one liked. I'll give it one thing over PS, though... ugly character designs in dull muted neon colors is still less eye gouging than PS's ultra neon sharp visuals and uglier character designs. Also... how the freaking heck did John C. Reilly get roped into this crapstrom of a cartoon?!

Alan Gregory: Now, this show I kinda wanted to like. I don't hate Jonah Hill and wanted to see his foray into animation. Too bad it was so poorly done that everything about it was detestable. I can overlook the ugly pastel designs, fine. I can overlook the fact a 4 year old wants to get it on with a morbidly obese elderly woman, maybe. But all the characters are freaking awful. They're either completely oblivious comedic sociopaths (and trust me, I love characters oblivious to how dumb or klutzy they are...Inspector Gadget and Hong Kong Phooey especially) or even nastier chops busters that delight in seeing Alan and his emotional rapist gay dad fail and squirm. So basically who do you root for? The jerks or the slightly bigger jerks? This probably would have worked as a movie, but then again, a movie is shorter. Glad it disappeared when it did. Say what you will about Breadwinners, but at least its an ethos.

Mr. Pickles: This one really gets under my skin. Not because the show's entirely bad, but I totally can get behind the concept of a Lassie parody where the dog is possessed by evil spirits, if not Satan. But see, that would only work if the rest of the show was played straight. Instead, nothing is taken seriously, the town is full of unfunny buffoons, the humor is subtle as a nuclear explosion in a drum cymbal factory, and it feels like the comedy equivalent of a five year old running around in his underwear shouting "PEE PEE!!! POO POO!!!" and waving his arms around for attention. I'll over look the fact the show looks like Basil Wolverton got violently ill all over Adobe Flash and they barely cleaned any of it up. Seriously, the concept of an evil dog in league with the forces of the underworld that actually takes good care of his loving boy owner, with his grandfather pulling the "One Froggy Evening" gag of not being able to tell anyone...that has merit. Then they dump a bunch of cheap lazy jokes or lazy cheap jokes in an attempt to make it better. It's like putting the entire contents of your fridge when they've gone bad to make ice cream taste better.

Last edited:

DePingPong

Reaction score
I think a lot of Nick's recent shows are pretty terrible.
Henry Danger comes to mind, very hard to watch.

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of a "Complaining about Shows you Don't Watch" this is something that doesn't possibly sound any good.

So, there's a cartoon called "Polly and the Zhu Zhu Pets."

(Headdesk)

Didn't...didn't the Zhu Zhu Hamster fad die like 10 years ago?

Edit: managed to turn it on and make it through like 2 seconds before I can easily confirm this show sucks. I'm amazed that someone wanted to make an off brand version of the Littlest Pet Shop cartoon, but that's exactly what this looks to be like.

Last edited:

mr3urious

Reaction score
This one really doesn't apply here, but I though ABC's newest sitcom Speechless wasn't as bad as the promos made it out to be. Granted, there are problems like the mother's derivative characterization, but I really like JJ, who has cerebral palsy (like his actor) and can't speak (unlike his actor), but is just as capable of being a smart-mouth and talking back like any other teen, most often when he calls out those who want to give him special treatment. It also lacks a narrator like most of the other sitcoms in ABC's lineup, setting itself apart.