The WWE: does it get any worse than this garbage?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So it was kind of the extreme slapstick comedy, good/evil power struggle that made it appealing. I guess the attire and appearance of the performers is overlooked.

It seems that now it's all about titillation and shock.
Not that I liked it before, but your description makes more sense to me

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
So it was kind of the extreme slapstick comedy, good/evil power struggle that made it appealing. I guess the attire and appearance of the performers is overlooked.

It seems that now it's all about titillation and shock.
Not that I liked it before, but your description makes more sense to me
I was a huge fan in the late 80's...the golden era of the WWF. Looking back, while the mullet era of the early to mid 90's is kind of lame looking back, it seemed mor einteresting than what is on now. Though I will say WWF from 93-96 was beyond unwatchable...maybe even more than now. But 1997, 1998...good stuff. Back when ya never knew what was blurring the lines between script and on the fly. It was when WCW was giving them a run for their money.

Bottom line, when WWE eliminated the comptetition...Vince and the writers felt there was no need to be innovative or smart or exciting. I mean the current angle is vince fueding with the 'head; of WWE Raw because he thinks th eshow sucks. Like the Simpsons, when the writers are saying 'worst episode ever', look out!

And ack, I HATE seeing the women matches on the WWE...why? because 1) it is so degrading...udnerwear and pudding matches? Please. 2) They dont look like women...all that plastic surgery, etc...they just look fake and grotesque...like Pamela Anderson!
Why does the WWE pretty much make their women characters get surgery? They look SO UGLY! Ack!