The WWE: does it get any worse than this garbage?

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
I watched it b4 was because I didn't care about the violence, I watch it cuz of the drama. I thought it was hilarious and great how everyone wanted to get revenge and all these mysteries... I remember when Undertaker kidnapped Stephnie and Vince Macman, needed to call upon his most hated enenmy Stone Cold Steve Austin, then vince backstab him and actually kidnapped his own daughter to get revenge on stonecold and made the merger of the two groups Vince Machman group and undertaker group... Good stuff it was fun to watch but now it stupid... the greats are gone plus it just got to the point of repetiviness... So Frogboy you fail to see the reason that WWE was great it was like something oyu could watch, and it was fun to watch and you could chill to cuz there was no thinking involved....

WWE has gone downhill from there... As for Jacka$$ i think that a terrible show... I don't watch much TV anymroe like I use too, I'm obsessed wiht movies! I watch tons of movies and want become a movie director...
Couldnt agree more...early 1999, the last watchable era of the WWF...after the whole Owen Hart thing, and the decision to go all out goofy, saturday night live locker room sketches(APA, the couch segments, etc) I was like 'see ya!'
Sure I would still watch from time to time, and thought there might be hope with the wwf/wcw, and nwo angles...but nope, mcmahon bungled that. Having just watched a little of Raw and Smackdown for the first time in ages last week, I truly fail to see how anyone with a pulse could actually watch and enjoy that garbage. Like the Simpsons and Friends, WWE has relaly gone downhill.

Movies205

Reaction score
So true... Beaker it so sad....:frown: I heard friends use to be really good but I saw an episode and it too much like a soapopera... I hear simpsons has brought itself back though so I'll have check it out... You run the risk like that if you keep a show running for so long you run out of good ideas... Hence why all shows should stop at one point but the great thing about the Simspons was it was Satire the world always changing and there are new topics popping up all the time, but unforchunatly little kids started to like it so they had to cater to them:mad: same somewhat goes for WWF, people get old so there constantly changing wrestler so if you work on backstories and what not, you can always keep it fresh, but shows like Friends, it has to end sometime...

I think Jennifer Anston though is a great actor, Office Space and the Good Girl were both excellent...

Matthew Perry errr... depends on the movie and the script for him...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I don't think the Simpsons program caters to kids at all. Just this season they had Marge get breast implants and Homer always ends up drinking in Moe's Bar. Since when are cleavage and beer children's entertaiment (except for the WWE)?

I think the Simpsons products are probably geared to kids, but certainly not the show - not from what I've seen. That's the one thing I have always respected about the program - that the never have pandered to kids. Maybe the writing is slipping this year, but it's not being kiddified. I am sure they'll bounce back again. They always do. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Movies205
I think Jennifer Anston though is a great actor, Office Space and the Good Girl were both excellent...
You saw Office Space and The good Girl!?!? Dang, a thousand cool points for you! Office Space is one of my fave comedies, and The Good Girl was one of my favorite films of 2002.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
I don't think the Simpsons program caters to kids at all. Just this season they had Marge get breast implants and Homer always ends up drinking in Moe's Bar. Since when are cleavage and beer children's entertaiment (except for the WWE)?

I think the Simpsons products are probably geared to kids, but certainly not the show - not from what I've seen. That's the one thing I have always respected about the program - that the never have pandered to kids. Maybe the writing is slipping this year, but it's not being kiddified. I am sure they'll bounce back again. They always do. :wink:
Um, anytime you have endless kid's products like the WWE and Simpsons does, its marketed in part to children. I mean WWE and The Simpsons arent TVMA, they are usually TVPG to TV14.
when you have whole gigantic sections at Toys R Us devoted to Simpsons and WWE action figures...yeha I would definately say its aimed at kids.

Movies205

Reaction score
Frogboy to some extent, I have to say it is... this is just my opinion, I mean I could see the satire and what made it big is how people could relate to it, but then as the seasons went on we started to see more itchy and scratchy and things kids like... I mean a show like the simspons shouldn't be watched by kids who aren't mature enough to watch it, but they do so the show needs to be done so both adults and kids can enjoy it...

Also I'm a movie freak:big_grin: I watch at least 4 movies a week if not more... I got see About Shmit and 25th Hour...
If you like Jenifer Anston check out her first picture Leprechaun:big_grin: !!! Leprechaun 1 and 2 are some of my favorite horror movies mainly for it dark comedy but then when it went to direct to video sequals after that it started to decline I still have to see Leprechaun 4 and 5....

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Um, anytime you have endless kid's products like the WWE and Simpsons does, its marketed in part to children.
The products(not the show) are aimed at kids. The program certainly doesn't ignore the youger viewers, but the themes of the Simpsons are usually more mature than the average sitcom. I have no doubt tht the products are geared toward children - aren't most toys?

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
early 1999, the last watchable era of the WWF...
Well i'm glad i got in with them during the respectable period then .... i mean i'd hate to be involved with shows glorifying skimpily dressed women and boob jobs. Oops - i'd better rip up the post 1997 half of my resume after that statment. I guess times have just changed, i'm probably not the best person to comment because i'm pretty used to all this tittilation in TV nowdays, and i've put that into shows where it's been required myself and see nothing wrong with it as i guess 16/18 year olds want slightly more then we guys did in our day. Obviously i have my views on what they should be showing when kids are watching but as i said, in the UK at least they edit it out at those times.

I agree that the WWF/E has gone downhill - their whole point was that they were a soap opera for late teen males. Now that has kinda gone outa fashion i guess they are struggling to serve up what they think people want - they are very much like the Simpsons and Muppets in that they are evergreen and bounce back eventually. I'd actually like to see the WWE take advantage of the nostalgia boom and try and get some classic wrestlers in for specials and things like that, or at least put some of the earlier stuff out on DVD or something - they tried getting the old guys back a while ago, it worked but then they stopped it.

I'll say this though, they are some of the nicest people in TV because they are all so close and travel with each other. I had a lot of fun there, it was so cool.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'll just ask the question on my mind. A lot of scantily clad guys roughhousing in a ring...hmm almost seems like a San Francisco thing (minus the boobage). That's what I guess I never understood about the sport. It really seems quite...um. Well, it just doesn't seem like the thing that straight guys would/should like. Although I don't know many gay guys who would like that stuff either. There's just weirdness to the appeal to me. Can someone honestly explain it? Does anyone feel the same way?

I just think that most guys should feel the same about wrestling as they do with boy bands.

Movies205

Reaction score
It not about, that, though I did kind of feel wierd watching it after a while and I gain more interest in women but Frogboy(I dont' know your name so...) the thing that made it so interesting was ironically was the stupidity of it... I mean it was so fun to go to the TV and see what was going happen next would Austin ever get his title or get it snatch away by Vince... Why do you think Andy Kaufman became a wrestler albeit it against women, the struggle between good and evil... that what it was about b4... Good vs. Evil with a mix of awesome moves throw in between I mean it was cool to see this guy jump off a ladder that like 30 feet in the air just to smash down into a table...