The WWE: does it get any worse than this garbage?

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Originally posted by Jackie
It's a male soap opera.

men in tights and *shudders* little clothing sometimes.......weeeeeird who knew that was a soap opera for them...i always pictured war movies

Sarah

FellowWLover

Reaction score
The "tween" age group is pre-pre-teen... like nine to eleven. If you really think that MTV is catering to that crowd, we are in serious societal trouble.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
oh i know kids that age watch MTV! believe me i grew up with these weirdos....while they listen to eminem (who someone needs to tell him he's white:eek:) i was listening to Rainbow Connection! I never had cable, never watched MTV, hate 'pop' music

man i am not the typical teen....

Sarah

FellowWLover

Reaction score
Sarah,

I am not doubting that kids that age watch MTV, I am just saying that I don't think the channel "caters" to them, or would call them their number one demographic... at least not yet.

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by sarah_yzma
oh i know kids that age watch MTV! believe me i grew up with these weirdos....while they listen to eminem (who someone needs to tell him he's white:eek:) i was listening to Rainbow Connection! I never had cable, never watched MTV, hate 'pop' music

man i am not the typical teen....
Heh, white boys cant make horrible hate filled rap music? :wink:
Yeah, sadly kids these days are weened on a steady diet of eMpTyV and other ills of media and entertainment.

I have hope though...as at this rate these kid's will be not much more than mush potato heads when they grow up. ^_^

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Do you ever watch MTV? It caters to the Britney Spears and Nsync fans, most of whom are tween girls. Watch an episode of TRL and get back to me. :eek: That has been a major criticism of the network in recent years. Heck, that has even been in the national news. Just realizing that I watch an insane amount of television. LOL

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Do you ever watch MTV? It caters to the Britney Spears and Nsync fans, most of whom are tween girls. Watch an episode of TRL and get back to me. :eek: That has been a major criticism of the network in recent years. Heck, that has even been in the national news. Just realizing that I watch an insane amount of television. LOL
Honestly, I havent truly seen MTV in a few years(I cut off cable in 1998) People have tried to show me Jacka** and Osbournes, and I just couldnt handle the idiocy of either of those two.
Honestly tho, the net has replaced tv for me. I rarely watch tv if at all. Maybe an hour a week these days...that includes maybe part of a Seinfeld episode and the last part of a basketball game here and there.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Just realizing that I watch an insane amount of television

*laughs* don't we all??? of course with 20 channels, you don't watch quite as much!

TRL is for tweens.....yuck! and music has gone to who knows what!!!! The last 'new' artist I heard that I liked was Michelle Branch....

oh yeah i hate rap!

just had to make a point!!!

Sarah

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I rarely watch tv if at all
i only watch certain shows...for example here's sarah's TV week

Monday: only if i'm bored
Tuesday: Smallville, if i have time
Wednesday: Enterprise
Thursday: CSI and Without a Trace (a fine show)
Friday: Whose Line
Saturday: Ed Sullivan and Maximum Exposure (if anyone has seen this show PLEASE tell me! i think it is awesome)

and usually i'll stay up to watch Jay Leno's monolouge and whatever little thing he has afterwards, it's usually pretty funny!

Sarah

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, I work at home these days and I don't listen to music that often (long story, I like ambient noise better) so the TV is on whether I am watching it or not. To tell you the truth, I can't just sit and watch TV - always gotta be doing something - hence the insane amount of navigational menus.

Anyway, I'm really not beating up on wrestling or MTV. I just think it would serve parents better to investigate what their kids are watching. I'm not talking about the teen crowd as much as kids. I don't think wrestling should be broadcast in the daytime, but I don't think Jenny Jones should be either. I certainly don't believe in censorship, but it looks like many parents don't do a good job these days. It disturbs me when I see the effects of such programs when I ride the subway (yes, there's a subway in San Francisco) and see just how crass kids have become.

I just think television imagery has a lot to do with it.