There WILL Be a "Simpsons" Sequel!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The words Jumping the gun come to mind.

I really wish (as I've said earlier) we had the Japanese attitude towards relasing TV cartoons as feature films. Doraemon has had one every single year since 1979.... by that logic we should at the very least have 10 Simpsons movies by now.

I just REALLy want to see a theatrically released Futurama movie...

Or a theatrically released Critic movie.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Wow, that is surprising! Well here's hoping the first is successful (still extremely over due!).

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Honestly, and I'm speaking as a major Simpsons/Futurama/Groening in general fan, I have a feeling after the movie, the show will probably only last two more seasons. I love the show but I think this movie will be the last great thing with the name Simpson on it (you can take that as a joke towards Jessica:smile: )

Teheheman

Reaction score
Personally, I think that Futurama should actually be a full-length feature and not a bunch of DVD releases. Also, I think that the Simpsons COULD be put into 2 movies. But this movie has been YEARS in the making and has a lot of hype behind it. It looks like it's gonna be really good, but you have to wait until the series is over, and I think that 2 maybe even 3 more years if you wanna stretch it. I think they'd wanna get to at least 500 episodes, but I think that MAY be stretching it. They would probably do at least one more movie, maybe 2 because they may do a trilogy and run the well dry on the franchise. I'm just glad that this isn't going to be a live-action movie BASED on the TV show.

Daniel

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I don't know if it will be a hit. The Simpsons kinda jumped the shark awhile ago (through no fault of their own, it just happens). The movie should have been done years ago. But we'll see, it might surprise us. :smile:

Teheheman

Reaction score
I dunno, it still attracts over 8-9 million viewers a week, that's not half bad. Not what it used to be, but then again there are a LOT more channels than there used to be.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
I dunno, it still attracts over 8-9 million viewers a week, that's not half bad. Not what it used to be, but then again there are a LOT more channels than there used to be.

Daniel

I agree. i hate the level of writing now, but I still can't stand to miss an episode. I really wish they wouldn't do anymore Lisa Simpson-centric Musical parody episodes anymore. They're terrible.

I think the show really started going belly under when they basically just resorted to giving every single character in the background a catchphrase, and just making jokes off of that. They even reused that stupid "You'rrrrrre Firrrrrred" Mr. Spacely knockoff character in 3 episodes. If you make one unfunny joke, you have to let it slide and never mention it again... even :embarrassed: knows enough to do that.

I liked the trailer, though I have reservations about the little pig Homer is taking care of. I will still be there opening weekend, and probably see it 2 times at least (though I pledged I would with TMNT, and never did). But since it's been around almost 20 years, there's not much more juice left to squeeze out of it.

But this will be a smash, if only because the fans have been waiting forever to see it.

I will say that the reason the show has changed is unfortunately humor has become so bland and Napoleon Dynamite-esque that any doofus on Youtube can throw together a crappy unfunny video about how dorky they are and then they'll get hired by SNL and get their own crap movie... (I have such a vendetta against that guy..._)

Teheheman

Reaction score
That's America though, that anybody can get discovered and have 100 million hits on YouTube and be successful overnight. That's the American dream. I mean, look at the Mentos/Diet Coke thing. Mentos is cashing in on it by selling Mentos that includes a tube to spray it or something like that. I mean, the internet is so amazing that anybody now can be famous. The sad part is that with too many people on the top, there aren't enough on the bottom and with that America is doomed to collapse. Like the Comic Book guy said "I will only see it 2 or 3 more times......today" but, you are right. They have been around for 20 or so years. I mean, there really isn't much more you can do with it. They don't have many more characters that you can develop ya know? They've done all they could with them, yet still have some unanswered questions about them. There really aren't many new backstories that you can do, but they found some. The stories that they have for next season(saw it on Wiki) look very interesting. The mistake that they made was relying too much on the guest stars playing themselves. That's when they jumped the shark in my opinion. The musical parodies are becoming a little too much too. But I WILL see the movie. I guarantee it.

Daniel