1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

TheWeirdoGirl Tries To Draw Muppets

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by TheWeirdoGirl, May 29, 2012.

1. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

Thanks for your comments everybody! I really appreciate them. :)

[​IMG]

Boober is Not Amused
    I've been watching so much Fraggle Rock lately... and my sketchbook shows it.

[​IMG]

It's Not Easy Bein' Gray
    The power was out yesterday, and apparently I had nothing better to do than draw Kermit. It is based on this picture.

And as a sort of bonus, here is a sketch of Boober that my brother drew. For more of his art, go to gryffiner.deviantart.com.

[​IMG]

2. Bridget

Bridget Well-Known Member

Out of these drawings (though both are fantastic) Boober wins my heart. Beautiful how you captured his natural pose with his nose slightly down. You certainly have the talent to draw a Fraggle!

*P.S*: I'd love to see you draw Red sometime!

TheWeirdoGirl likes this.
  3. Nick22

Nick22 Active Member

I am in llooveee with the Jim tribute drawing from your first post!

4. TheWeirdoGirl

KissesToKermie- Thanks! I actually have sketched Red a few times lately, so she'll show up in a sketch dump or something soon.

Nick22- I'm glad you like it! I'd like to redraw it soon actually, 'cuz I drew Kermit's feet/flippers wrong.

5. TheWeirdoGirl

6. AlittleMayhem

AlittleMayhem Well-Known Member

Ooooohhhhh, your Fraggle Rock OC is adorable! Though they (can't tell what gender) seem to be lacking in a tail.

As for names,try thinking of something random, like...Tatum, Jeff, Yuki, Stephen, Jen...these are just one off the top of my head but it's entirely up to you.

7. TheWeirdoGirl

Thanks AlittleMayhem! For some reason, I tend to forget to draw tails on Fraggles. I usually catch it in time though. :p She's a girl, by the way. And thanks for the name suggestions!

AlittleMayhem likes this.
  8. TheWeirdoGirl

9. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I like it quite a bit! Thanks for sharing.

10. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Great job! I love your artwork.

11. AlittleMayhem

Very nice! :)

12. TheWeirdoGirl

Nothing new here, just rescanned an oldie.

[​IMG]

ElizaSchuyler and FrackleFan2012 like this.
  13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Wow I'm just now finding this thread and looked through your art work here, and I am very impressed. Your Kermit and Fozzie watercolor look professionally done.

GREAT JOB WEIRDO GIRL!

14. TheWeirdoGirl

I totally forgot to reply, sorry!

Wow, thanks Dwayne! I'm not so sure about the professional part, but that means a lot!

15. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

You are very welcome! and yes your art work looks professional. Especially your Kermit one.

16. TheWeirdoGirl

Whatever: Just another drawing of Gonzo, my favorite Muppet. It's not perfect, and I'm still struggling to find a style for drawing him that I'm 100% happy with, but I think it's kind of cute. :)

[​IMG]

17. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Great job on Gonzo! :concern:

18. Twisted Tails

Twisted Tails Well-Known Member

Great job! You drawing looks great and I consider Gonzo a whatever, but I will just call him Gonzo just to be safe.I know most people are unhappy with the redesign of Gonzo, but artwork of Gonzo no matter who draws him might improve to what people sshould see and why those puppets should never be changed.

In other words, everybody has a different opinon, and it doesn't matter what song the Muppets cover, because they improve them. No wonder non-Muppet fans take things too seriously. :sigh:

19. TheWeirdoGirl

Mr. Saxman: Here's my latest try at watercolor painting! I play tenor sax and have been going through a major saxophone obsession lately...

[​IMG]

20. AlittleMayhem

Cool, man. I love the colours in this one! :cool: