THEY'RE BACK!! NOOOOOO!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
They tried bringing them back not even 10 years ago... and they FAILED.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The main problem with the things was how hard they were to "turn off"

The whole ritual thing you had to do hardly ever worked. At best you might make it take a nap then it would wake up with any sudden noise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
3 guesses what toy line that came back, didn't do that well, but SHOULD come back again I want to come back again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The very same.

Too bad we never got the original series because it was too violent for 1980's audiences and one of the characters was a Nazi (which is why they stopped showing it in Europe).

But those little guys were all we got of a kinda popular Japanese manga/anime from the 80's... remolded little Gatchapon figures. Surprised Mattel didn't commission a bad M.U.S.C.L.E. cartoon themselves. Looking at the Madballs cartoon, I'm happy they didn't.

But yeah, Bandai (the company that made the original figures in Japan, and most of their toys at the time) BUNGLED the Ultimate Muscle toy line in the US, and it never became that popular. They didn't have any randomly inserted toys, and each set you buy had the same characters in it, depending on what number the set was. Just, one character could be metallic. So basically, they redid the Japanese toys the Americans didn't get, and didn't attempt to recreate the original line, which would have at least appealed to the older collectors that had the toys when they were kids.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for those little troll dolls to make a comeback... I somehow sense it...

galagr

Reaction score
They're bringing these back....... AGAIN?! I was just starting to get over my recurring Furby nightmares! Well, now's the best time to use this.....

KremlingWhatnot

Reaction score
They tried bringing them back not even 10 years ago... and they FAILED.
I Know Right!!, And They Were Only On Sale For TWO Years!!
I Swear, This Is The ONLY Time I Wish Barbie Would Sell!!
I Would Like To Feed Em At Midnight Or Put Em In Water, Oh Wait!!, That's From A MOVIE!!

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
When furby's came out it only made me think Japan has way too much technology on their hands. I always said it was the demon toy.