They've only Got One Another: A Muppet Christmas Story

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
We Got Us said:
(or that I admire or love beyond what's healthy, like Rowlf)
Alright, Mini-Me, you know that Robin is my favorite, but did you know that Rowlf is in my number two spot? Dear goodness, girl, are you TRYING to be me, or is it just happening by accident? Because it's starting to freak me out! :stick_out_tongue:

In other news, I have to say, shame on J.P. Grosse for not wanting to fix the heat in the theater. Doesn't he know that if the theater's cold, no one will want to come to any shows, and the Muppets won't make any money and therefore won't be able to pay him? And besides that, if the pipes freeze, it's only going to get more expensive for him... (But if it's important to you that the theater be very cold, please do keep it that way. Story trumps reality. Or at least, that's what I tell myself when I flaunt my blatant military ignorance over in Heart of Gold...)

We Got Us

Reaction score
Alright, Mini-Me, you know that Robin is my favorite, but did you know that Rowlf is in my number two spot? Dear goodness, girl, are you TRYING to be me, or is it just happening by accident? Because it's starting to freak me out! :stick_out_tongue:

In other news, I have to say, shame on J.P. Grosse for not wanting to fix the heat in the theater. Doesn't he know that if the theater's cold, no one will want to come to any shows, and the Muppets won't make any money and therefore won't be able to pay him? And besides that, if the pipes freeze, it's only going to get more expensive for him... (But if it's important to you that the theater be very cold, please do keep it that way. Story trumps reality. Or at least, that's what I tell myself when I flaunt my blatant military ignorance over in Heart of Gold...)
She makes me happy--
Each time she comments--
And...
Nevermind, I'll stop destroying beautiful songs now. I did not know that, I only knew that 'Say Cheese' brought me to tears and that you had an awesome grasp of the character. (As if she didn't have an amazing grasp of all the characters. Ha. :wink:) So with me it's Scooter and Rowlf competing and/or sharing the position of favorite, and dear Fozzie somewhere second with a million other Muppets pushing there way up there in no solid order. It's as a group that I love them so much anyway! Yes, I get what your saying about J.P., the way it played out in my head he would still be under the impression that he would make more money from a scrap-heap then the Muppet show, and is just waiting for them to vacate/go bankrupt. You have something with the pipes there though. Anyway, the go-fer's uncle should figure in a later chapter. And about that Heart of Gold....??

Beauregard

Reaction score
In other news, I have to say, shame on J.P. Grosse for not wanting to fix the heat in the theater. Doesn't he know that if the theater's cold, no one will want to come to any shows, and the Muppets won't make any money and therefore won't be able to pay him? And besides that, if the pipes freeze, it's only going to get more expensive for him... (But if it's important to you that the theater be very cold, please do keep it that way. Story trumps reality....)
I disagree that this is unrealistic, as he comes from the same generation as the owner of the hotel where I work, and he wouldn't fix anything to save his life -- despite the fact that we insist that no customers will come if its not fixed. The amount of time and money he'd actually SAVE by fixing things ahead of time, but he does not do so until the very last possible moment...well, it seems very realistic indeed.

Also, maybe that explains why the Muppets still struggle to get an audience when they are so AWESOME.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Oh, I believe his reluctance to fix things... to a degree, anyway. After all, my college apartment had a furnace that was older than my parents, and although it would've saved the landlord considerable amounts of money to just install a new one, they insisted on having the poor maintenance guys come and keep replacing random parts until it worked. Which is why I had to call maintenance to re-light the pilot light every time I wanted to turn the heat on. Such a pain...

But, as We Got Us pointed out, J.P. thinks the whole theater should be a scrapyard, anyway. Why bother fixing it? Then he'd have to fix everything else, too!

Beauregard

Reaction score
THE MUPPETS SPOILER ALERT:

Like that hole in the ceiling (Yes, I've read enough The Muppets spoilers to know about that.)

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
NOT A MUPPETS SPOILER:

Or that light Clifford keeps working on in every single fanfic.

We Got Us

Reaction score
ALSO NOT A SPOILER OF ANY KIND:

I totally love you guys. Just sayin'.

Beauregard

Reaction score
MUPPET SHOW RUNNING GAG INVOLVING TELEPHONES SPOILER

Or that telephone that Animal ripped off the wall to end a running gag.

Edit: Has been Ziffled! Been a while since anyone ziffled this Beau, it has to be said.
Edit 2: Also, do tell that sister of yours that Beauregard is truly awesome, which is why I love him so.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
THE PIG EPISODE SPOILER

Or the hole Gonzo put in the wall with the spoon...

Beauregard

Reaction score
THE GREAT MUPPET CAPER SPOILER

Or that lightbulb that keeps falling out (What? Who says that JP doesn't own property in the United Kingdom).