Think twice before buying from puppet-planet.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

muppetguy

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly, frogboy. I am waiting to hear from the claims office and have already submitted a claim to that government website I wrote in one of the previous threads. That website then monitors businesses like hers and will hopefully take action shortly. Like I've said before and now THIS proves it. If someone ordered something about two weeks ago from her catalogue and received it while I've been attempting to get a response from her since April, this goes to prove that NO ONE should take a chance and spend their money at puppet-planet.com. There are ALOT MORE talented puppet builders that don't take your money and run, unfortunately, I came across her first.

Jinx

Reaction score
Well, in the "for-what-it's worth department", I did not see an orange shaggy monster puppet on puppet-planet's web catalog, but I did find one on monster puppets.com....

Might this be a case of mistaken identity?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, in the "for-what-it's worth department", I did not see an orange shaggy monster puppet on puppet-planet's web catalog, but I did find one on monster puppets.com....

Might this be a case of mistaken identity?
I trust Muppetguy's judgment that he knows what he purchased and who he purchased if from. He cites correspondence with Michele at puppet-planet in his first post on this thread. She reported sending pictures soon etc.

It isn't a case of mistaken identity from the information provided, but even if it were - it's clear Michele's company is up, running and completing other orders. She could have addressed this. That sort of confusion would be something any seller would want to clear up ASAP.

I just had to file an Amazon claim tonight due to seller fraud. My loss is only 25 dollars, but it is infuriating. This sort of thing happens a lot these days. Muppetguy paid for something, he should get it or a refund. I think he deserves a fee for his troubles too, but unfortunately that's not the way it works. :sympathy:

muppetguy

Reaction score
Jinx, I didn't order a orange puppet, my was custom ordered. The other user in this thread, Lamangonumber2, said they ordered a orange puppet on her site, so I'm not exactly sure whether is was in her catalogue or not. Just for a point, I just tried calling her again yesterday, since lamango received the puppet tey ordered tow weeks ago. No answer, nothing. I will be in touch with the better business bureau. They should take her site down, this is fraud, and that's a crime!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
she follows me on twitter and sent me a messege a week back welcoming but nothing really about other puppet stuff

muppetguy

Reaction score
she follows me on twitter and sent me a messege a week back welcoming but nothing really about other puppet stuff
LET EVERYONE REALIZE from Frogpuppeteer's post above, she is STILL AROUND AND KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH PEOPLE SHE CHOOSES TO.

DO NOT BUY FROM MICHELE ACQUIN - PUPPET-PLANET.COM, UNLESS YOU WANT YOUR MONEY STOLEN.

I have reported her to the BBB for FRAUD.

Don't believe one word from her. This is very upsetting and I'd like to use a few choice words...but I won't. I'll do that off the board.

Michele, if you're reading these post, which I'm sure you are, cowardly in a dark corner, probably laughing that you've gotten away with people's money thus far, you should really be ashamed of yourself.

Alot of us work really hard, many hours a week and I don't take lightly to someone stealing it from me. You disgust me.

Don't forget about Karma, what goes around comes around and you'll get your day. We won't know of it...but it happens to everyone.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
JUST THROWING OUT SUGGESTIONS:

To frogboy or whom ever talks to the owner of Puppet-planet. Maybe someone can mention that someone is trying to contact them in regaurds to their order.

I'd hate to see someone getting a bad rep from only 1 costumer, and seeing many others feel that puppet-planet is a good site.

We can all understand why Muppetguy is upset, however... has anyone else really had a problem with this site?

muppetguy

Reaction score
JUST THROWING OUT SUGGESTIONS:

To frogboy or whom ever talks to the owner of Puppet-planet. Maybe someone can mention that someone is trying to contact them in regaurds to their order.

I'd hate to see someone getting a bad rep from only 1 costumer, and seeing many others feel that puppet-planet is a good site.

We can all understand why Muppetguy is upset, however... has anyone else really had a problem with this site?
First - Actually, CoOKiE, there have been two other members on here that have tried contacting puppet-planrt for me, that had been in contact with her in the past and let her know about my order in trying to help me. For the record, they both didn't get a response back from her AT ALL.

Second - Someone else came forward in this thread saying they paid for an item and never received the item and tried contacting her and never got a response. They reported her to paypal. I'm sure there are others.

I would NEVER give a bad rap to anyone who would've & could've worked with me here. But as a collector and a fan, I want to let everyone on here know what's gone on. If anyone wants to take a chance and buy from her, after knowing the accounts in this post, it's up to them, but the mere fact that NO contact from her has been established with me since April, after many attempts on my part (read my first post in this thread) is a pretty strong reason NOT to buy from her. This is just a warning for everyone, something I would've liked before buying from her. Would've saved myself 200.00.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm a little perplexed by the few posts that give the benefit of the doubt to the offender without reading through the thread first. I don't think it's personal, but it's clearly not the best time to play devil's advocate.

I actually contacted puppet-planet via the email form, but haven't received a response. I asked a general sort of question to see if the site was still active. We'll see. No matter what has happened to prevent the order from being filled, the seller should contact the buyer about any delay. Potential delays due to supplies are mentioned on her FAQ, but there's nothing about a 4-5 month delay - especially when pictures were promised several months ago. Something is up.

The puppets on her site are attractive and she does seem legit. That's what makes this cautionary report so important. My hope is that it is eventually resolved. That she was busy or dragging her feet and avoided contact until completion. It would be great if Muppetguy got his puppet. However, I wouldn't buy from a seller like that.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Well, i'll think twice before making an order... I've never ordered before... but i did notice they carried antron fleece. I did plan on buying some when i needed to... but thanks for the heads up

Status
Not open for further replies.