This Disney Cheapquel stuff is out of hand!

Muppets1985

Reaction score
Look!!!!

Hey all look at this "Disney Cheap" page

it kinda makes me mad and soem words are miss spelled!

Drtooth

Reaction score
MUPPETS1985's link didn't work..... (Disney Conspiracy???)

Anyway, they said that this new Lion King Moive may be shelved or something. Basically, I don't understand why they just don't rerelease the Timon and Pummbaa cartoon to DVD/Video....

But on a side note.. what the heck is up with all these cheap direct to video Land Before Times? I mean they must be why Disney thought of these lame Sequals! Universal studios and Disney should be seperated! That Universal is a BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAD influence.. just kidding... I mean one every year? Do they not know how annoying that was? "Journey to Big Water?" What's a big water? Is it like a giant one of those Water Cooler jugs?

Man, these guys need to focus on their other stuff.....

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
And The animation for JTBW looks terrible! At least WDTA uses pretty decent stuff for most of their flicks.
I truly think that most Disney animators have a sense of proud company tradition; a tradition that dates back to SNOW WHITE. Without it, I doubt we would have much, if any, hand drawn films, and many of the stories would hardly bear any relation to the original.
It is Eisner & his bunch of executive supporters -- what few there are -- who bear all responsibility for these cheap little things...

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth

Anyway, they said that this new Lion King Moive may be shelved or something. Basically, I don't understand why they just don't rerelease the Timon and Pummbaa cartoon to DVD/Video....
Oh I loved the Timon and Pummbaa cartoon! the chemistry and fun nature of those two were quite enjoyable to watch.

Ryan

Reaction score
Re: Look!!!!

Originally posted by Muppets1985
it kinda makes me mad and soem words are miss spelled!
You.....spelled "some" wrong. :rolleyes:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh I loved the Timon and Pummbaa cartoon! the chemistry and fun nature of those two were quite enjoyable to watch.
Yeah.. I just wish that Lion King 2 had more of them in it... I have one of the videos of their show (I bought at a bargain store) and it oddly doesn't work right on my VCR.. FOr some odd reason... well... it turns black and white...

Don't know why.

Actually, I liked an Extreemly Goofy Movie (and I hate movies with Pauly Shore in it) and thought it was a pretty good direct to video effort. Return of Jafar was okay, just not as good as the third one (but that's because of Robin Williams... I swear, they could have a whole movie about the genie, just talking and it would be great!)

I haven't even bothered with most of the others. My sister got the Beauty and the Beast Christmas video years ago, and it was ... awful...

But I really can't stand Tarzan 2... I mean, I thought Tarzan 2 could be a big budget released to theaters with the same animation team and voice cast about him being the lost Duke Greystroke (or something) but it was... ack... just three episodes of the saturday morning cartoon version spliced togeether... YUCK!!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
Actually, I liked an Extreemly Goofy Movie (and I hate movies with Pauly Shore in it) and thought it was a pretty good direct to video effort. Return of Jafar was okay, just not as good as the third one (but that's because of Robin Williams... I swear, they could have a whole movie about the genie, just talking and it would be great!)
It's funny, while I didnt like the second Goofy movie, I loved the first one(even saw it in theatres) I also really dug Recess.
Yeah, what were they thinking with Aladdin 2? Though I will say Aladdin 3 was da bomb(no idea why that didnt come to theatres)

Lion King 2 I thought was one of the most well dont straight to video cheapquels...now they are just getting lazy. I mean Im not sure which is worse that I rented animation wise: Little Mermaid 2 or Tarzan 2. Btw, Im not even sure if those were 3 episodes fromt he cartoon spliced together, as the animation seemed even more primitive.

But just to be fair, not all animated cheapquels come from the Diz. Ever seen Ferngully 2? cringes*

Btw, to end on a positive note...what post "Song and Dance/save the Princess/two talkign sidekicks and a baddy emperor" cliche format films(ie: Disney animated films made after HErcules and Mulan) have you guys enjoyed? I really loved Tarzan(I think animnation wise it is their best yet), Emperor's New Groove, and I just Saw Lilo and Stitch which was very surprising. It's definately a new era when a film like Lilo and Stitch does well(a film about a bratty Hawaiin kid, a psychopathic kowalla, and a black ex CIA operative social worker...I LOVED IT!)