This Just in: Disney Strike

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Of course I wrote it. I live in Orange County, CA, the land of both Disneyland and the Super Supermarket Strike. Inspiration is all around. What can you do?

I'm not a professional writer, I'm just an H.R. slave. I'd be very afraid to try to work as a comedic writer because I don't think I'm consistently funny. Generally I only write when I'm really irked about something, but the other day at work we were saying "wouldn't it be funny if...." so I wrote about it.

I'm flattered that you guys like this, but it's only a few paragraphs. Lauren, what do you do that you're looking for writers?

Jen

Beebers

Reaction score
We create, develop and build our own puppet characters, we commission/custom build puppets for others, we do live-action-mix-with-puppets short films, and we have a humor pilot/series in development, (not a greenlight yet but chances look reasonably good) which I prefer not to discuss publicly at this time.
I write, direct, and edit, and I'll be needing a few good writers to help me out starting about two months from now. It would be paid work and part-time to start and its nature would allow someone to work from home. I'd feel better not having a detailed forum conversation about it so if you'd like to talk further with me about it please e-mail me. I understand your misgivings but good writers are extremely hard to come by and I'd be willing to accept just the occasional piece from you if need be. Please contact me personally and we can talk further, thanks.

:cool:

Klonoa

Reaction score
Well if you need anyone who's good at writing and knows a lot about video games...:smile:

--Klonoa

Beebers

Reaction score
I would be happy to talk with you in due time, when I start payroll on this. I'll contact you at that time and we can chat. I'd have to see samples of your style, etc., I won't be hiring blind. But we'll do lunch lol. Albeit online.

dmx10101

Reaction score
Klonoa said:
Well if you need anyone who's good at writing and knows a lot about video games...:smile:

--Klonoa
Then just contact me, cause I am.

Beebers

Reaction score
Hokay, lol, this is only one of several reasons why I'm not getting public with this. Jennifer12 did not have an available e-mail addy for me to use, that's the only reason I posted here.

When the time comes, in a couple of months, I will post on MC for positions we will be creating, and discuss what we're doing, and interview, PRIVATELY, the right way, not here for the world to view. lol.

I'll be glad to talk with people at that time. In the meantime, Jennifer12, please e-mail me at your earliest convenience, I have no way to contact you to talk, and AIM is not the appropriate place for it.

Thanks, everyone, for your interest.

Gobo_Tron2

Reaction score
LOL, Jennifer that was a great parody! I could easily envision all that actually taking place in pseudo-reality. I LOVE this kind of stuff. And I know very what you mean about being able to suddenly pull great pieces of work like that together when things are at their worst. Doing it helps me to better cope with things that are really getting under my foam.. err.. skin. Did you by chance ever see Disney vs. Henson (DvH)? It was a corny video production that was essentially me ranting about Disney threatening to buy out the Muppets combined with my excessive amount of free time.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Jennifer12 said:
Of course I wrote it. I live in Orange County, CA, the land of both Disneyland and the Super Supermarket Strike. Inspiration is all around. What can you do?

I'm not a professional writer, I'm just an H.R. slave. I'd be very afraid to try to work as a comedic writer because I don't think I'm consistently funny. Generally I only write when I'm really irked about something, but the other day at work we were saying "wouldn't it be funny if...." so I wrote about it.

I'm flattered that you guys like this, but it's only a few paragraphs. Lauren, what do you do that you're looking for writers?

Jen
I love this too. Hey, we are practically neighbors. I live in Orange County.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That was great! I thought it was for real for a minute, lol.

I'm coming to Disneyland in May so hope that doesnt happen when we go.