This probably won't have much of an effect, but...

ssetta

Reaction score
It just so happens that there are a number of shows on out there that are a lot like the old Sesame Street. I just saw the season primere of "All That", which was like the old Sesame Street, in a way that it had everything except the kitchen sink. It had comedy, magic, musical acts, and many other things. They are creating all these great new variety shows, but they have to dumb down Sesame Street, and even take it off of Noggin. See why I think they really need to keep the old Sesame Street some place? I mean, "All That" is a pretty cool show, I think, but not anywhere near as good as the old Sesame Street. Do you people agree?

Jeffrey Gray

Reaction score
I do agree about All That. I loved that show in its first season...then it jumped the shark when they replaced Angelique Bates with Amanda Bynes...

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Um, one point I think is not being realized here. Sesame Street is an educational show, All That isn't. I don't think it's fair to compare the two, being they are totally seperate genres. Sesame Street has psychologists, test groups, street teams, and a groups of people all working together to make the best quality show possible for children while getting across educational value. All That has a writing staff.

The more I think about it, the less I think its a fair comparison...I mean, the writers are writing for an audience of young teens on All That, the writers on SS are gearing towards like 3 and 4 year olds now...eh, I'm going to stop now, I'm getting frustrated behind my computer screen.

-Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't think that All That is so much like the old Sesame, as it's more like MadTV.

I think, for judging a show based on Sesame, you should compaire Between the Lions with Classic Sesame. We have learning, we have satirical humor that goes over little kid's heads, we got catchy songs, we got crazy skits...you name it. Of course, mainly because a bunch of sesame people work on it...

ssetta

Reaction score
I do agree with Between The Lions. Now, I do think that BTL is better than the New SS, but I don't think it's nearly as good as the Old, Classic SS. I think probably because I first saw it when I was older. But they try to do stuff that's even funnier! And I actually heard some place that the show actually got cancelled.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Let me guess.. that one place..it replaced BTL with more of those crummy Barney wanna bes? If it wasn't for SS, BTL, Arther and such, PBS kids would just be an excuse to show horrid kiddy drivel.

ssetta

Reaction score
Yeah, PBS Kids is becoming just another poor man's cartoon network!

roadrat15

Reaction score
You Americans! I wish we down here in Oz had some of the choices you guys do when it comes to tv.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I think you guys n gals in Oz got some BRATS episodes us Staters didn't get. So be happy Aussie!!! :big_grin:

(and with that, Matt joins the Mnt. Olympus of MC, the top 10 posters. Wooooo!!)

-Matt