This sucks!

Kye

Reaction score
867-5309 would probably kick back as a fake number too, however the youngins around here will have no idea what Im talking about. I have a great solution for you!! you can get a new york city voice mail for 5 bucks a month!! Its what actors use when they dont want to give out home numbers. you can find tons of ads in Backstage magazine!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Lol @ "8, 6, 7, - 5, 3 0 niiii-ee-yi-ine", lol! :big_grin:

Hey Alex, would an "old" American phone number work? You could use my old addy's #, or maybe even my friend's old cell #...:cool:

anathema

Reaction score
Given that I live in the UK, I think even the monkeys at eBay would realise that I'm unlikely to have a US phone number...

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
That is so annoying, I really hope ebay sort out their problem. I'm beginning to really dislike the way ebay is run because I was borrowing my Dads credit card, I now have another one to use and they still deduct money out of his automatically so I've emailed them and im not selling anything til they fix it.

I hope ebay refund the listing fees that were wasted due to their incompetence.

If they dont fix the problem and refund lost listing fees just take them to court!

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
867-5309/Jenny,my gosh,I remember when that played(was 13 at the time).

I can't stand selling through Ebay.Mostly due to the fact,you're still charged a selling fee,even if the item doesn't sell,especially if you try to sell the item,until someone buys it.The they charge you interest to use Pay Pal,which I've never used,because of that reason.I've sold & bought a lot of book,videos,dolls off of Ebay; personally never had a problem.

I hope all gets worked out with yourself & Ebay anathema.:smirk:

anathema

Reaction score
Neither eBay nor PayPal charge interest. PayPal may charge you a fee for receiving money; it depends on the type of account you have.

Anyway, I have a suspicion I can get them under the UK's Data Protection Act. By preventing me from gaining access to the personal data they hold on me, they are breaking the law...

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Get them and get them good! I couldnt think of a more honest person for them to pick on and they've picked on the wrong person. I would be willing to put that in writing or stand up in court!

anathema

Reaction score
I'm back!

Now this is interesting...

I received an email from eBay this evening thanking me for settling my invoice, and informing me that my account had been reinstated.

The last invoice on which I owed them money was in June, and it was paid in July - I can see the payment on my credit card statement. My account was suspended because of the phone number dispute.

What on earth are they smoking?!

It's interesting to note that for the last week or so I have been trying to tell them that I do not have a contact phone number, and each time I have received a standard 'form' email, probably issued by a robot rather than a human - until this morning, when I snapped and warned them that they were in breach of the Data Protection Act. This evening, my account is accessible again...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Similarly: Kodak has a digital camera that I own which worked good for a while, now the memory card or internal memory won't transfer to the computer, and the software which was downloaded to my computer will not work anymore. I have sent them email after email, and they've sent me full circle all their stock responses and nothing is working. So, I wrote back and told them I may as well go back to having my pictures taken with a disposable Fuji camera at Walgreens on Fuji Film and Paper.

McFraggle

Reaction score
anathema said:
It's interesting to note that for the last week or so I have been trying to tell them that I do not have a contact phone number, and each time I have received a standard 'form' email, probably issued by a robot rather than a human - until this morning, when I snapped and warned them that they were in breach of the Data Protection Act. This evening, my account is accessible again...
It's amazing how quickly things get resolved when you threaten legal action. :smile: Glad to hear you got reinstated though.