1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 18th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Christmas Shopping
    Support Muppet Central and get great deals for everyone on your list! From Blu-rays and DVDs to Plush and Toys to Collector's Books you'll find something for everyone.

4. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Thomas & Friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Old Thunder, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised that the only thread on the forum to talk about Thomas is the Shining Time Station thread, so I thought I'd make this. Here you can discuss Thomas & Friends, the Railway Series, etc.

Personally, I love Thomas & The Magic Railroad, it's still my favorite movie to this day. I have fond memories of watching it when I was little, and though the Director's Cut would have been better, I still love the final product.

Railway Series wise I love Mountain Engines. I love the scenery and the engines, and it was a one-time thing too, making it all the better.

So, how about you?

2. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Thomas was long after my time (I was in college when it first aired) so it missed making an impact on me. If it was on in the early Seventies like Electric Company, Zoom, (not the remakes) it would be a different story.

But I can appreciate the fact George Carlin kept his mouth clean just long enough. Imagine the horror on some toddler's face (and their mommy!) if Mr. Conductor yelled "**** PERCY!!!"

3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I like Thomas and Friends quite a bit, it was my favorite show as a young kid and still sometimes watch it today. I'm biased towards the first couple of seasons from the mid-80s, though the third season isn't too bad. Once they started bringing in the side railways and loads of new engines the show began to slip.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stories but I think my favorite might have been the Donald and Douglas saga (here's part 1).

MikaelaMuppet and Old Thunder like this.
  4. Old Thunder

5. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Oh, hello.

How did I not see this?

6. LittleJerry92

I definitely have alot of fond memories picking up the tapes from stores, watching Shining Time Station and attending Thomas events.

I also love collecting the ERTL toys.

7. Old Thunder

thom train gud sho

ConsummateVs likes this.
  8. LittleJerry92

Show me de way to de island of sodor.

9. LittleJerry92

Okay so Thunder.

You might get a good laugh at this but um....

What would you say if I told you I've had numerous dreams of Bluebell the cow stalking me.... At least until I reached my teens?

I'm not joking by the way.

10. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Uh, I think you're a little late to the meme there, buddy.

Old Thunder likes this.
  11. LittleJerry92

What's that? Sorry, I couldn't hear the fake news. Could you repeat that again, please?

12. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

13. Old Thunder

Dear Jerry,
    I moo'd you but you still ain't talkin'
    I left my cowbell, my left horn, and my hoof clipping at your doorstep

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  14. LittleJerry92

:laugh:

Nah, but little story... So as a kid, "Cows" actually introduced me to cows. Since I didn't know what they were, hearing the cows violently moo as they charge Edward's train terrified me. When I saw Bluebell.... Ugh. Her face just creeped me out.

[​IMG]

I thought her mooing was also creepy. Thomas actually made me afraid of cows for awhile... Until I started seeing them at zoo's.

But, as a result of said phobia, I have had numerous dreams where Bluebell invaded them and stalked me.

15. Old Thunder

Photo is from SiF, I see.

16. LittleJerry92

Yup.

But yeah.... I was just a really weird kid back in the day.... The last Bluebell dream I remember having, I was walking down a pair of abandoned railroad tracks in my neighborhood.... Half way down, I see something tan and.... As I got closer, Bluebell. I just looked at her for a few seconds and then she turned into a brown dog. I ended up rubbing her belly.

17. Old Thunder

"Quite elementary, my dear Watson," said Holmes. "I killed myself because I have a fear of cows."
    "Oh, I say, Holmes."
    "Yes, problem is, of course, the fact that I committed suicide means that I am ****** for all eternity. I did not expect **** to have so many ******* cows."

Take notes. Don't do it.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  18. LittleJerry92

Say, Thunder...

I don't suppose you've had any Thomas fears... Have you?

Please say something else besides boulder's face.

19. Old Thunder

Boulder's face isn't half as frightening as my Thomas dreams.

20. LittleJerry92

Oh? This sounds interesting.