Those Baby Sesame Street videos.

golden teeth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is it odd that big Bird's being watched by ms. Finch?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I haven't seen those videos yet, but YES! It'd be weird; although, it would explain why (years later) she would be so aggressive to "take care" of him and help him find a nice bird family.

My question: Isn't Elmo on those videos, too--and, wouldn't he have been WAY too young??

What all characters are on those videos?

Muppet Matt

Reaction score
It should have, Elmo and his dad, Cookie and his mom, Prairie Dawn and her mom, and Big Bird and his aunt.

ISNorden

Reaction score
Muppet Matt said:
It should have, Elmo and his dad, Cookie and his mom, Prairie Dawn and her mom, and Big Bird and his aunt.
I've never heard of Big Bird having an aunt; do you mean Granny Bird? (I've seen her in a few books when I was a kid...)

rowlf84

Reaction score
That's correct, it is his aunt. For whatever reason, Henson decided to use a puppet that looks just like Ms. Finch (no, it's not the same puppet). The Beginnings videos do not follow Sesame with time considerations (ie: Elmo being way too young). Again, they're geared towards two year olds and a completely different series from Sesame.

BEAR

Reaction score
golden teeth said:
Is it just me, or is it odd that big Bird's being watched by ms. Finch?

Just a bit of a correction...it is NOT the Miss Finch puppet being used to play Big Bird's aunt. It is the Mother Chair Bird puppet. Two completely different looking characters. Hope this helps.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Just a bit of a correction...it is NOT the Miss Finch puppet being used to play Big Bird's aunt. It is the Mother Chair Bird puppet. Two completely different looking characters. Hope this helps.
yea I was gonna say thats not miss finch...
btw are these dvds any good...I'm a bit shy to buying them for my collection if they are really stupid...like elmos world dumb?

BEAR

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
yea I was gonna say thats not miss finch...
btw are these dvds any good...I'm a bit shy to buying them for my collection if they are really stupid...like elmos world dumb?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having these in my collection too, but I am not overly anxious to get them right now. Would be interesting to see some other favorite characters in baby form, such as Grover, Ernie, Bert, but especially Oscar. Wouldn't it be neat to see Oscar as a baby? We could see how he was raised. Haha!

Drtooth

Reaction score
BEAR said:

Would have really been funny... not to mention cool to bring back such an obscure character.

Still, I want to see these once just for the fact Bill Baretta plays an SS character.