Time for a Resolution!

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Sooo... it's that time o' year again -- time to make New Year's resolutions and then break them a month later! Here's the catch: can you remember what your resolution was last year?

Here's mine...

2004: I resolved to gain 10 pounds. Either I don't eat enough, I have an over-active metabolism, or the little elves living in my esophogus eat whatever I swallow before it gets to my stomach because I'm 6 ft., 135 lbs, and have not been able to gain and maintain 5 pounds since freshman year of high school. Over this summer I did gain 5 pounds, but lost it again somewhere. If you ever find five pounds lying around, please notify me immediately -- it may be mine.

2005: I resolve to work out at least once a week. I tried this resolution 2 years ago, but for every night and actually kept at it for 2 months. So I think this might stimulate some body mass and keep me healthier.

So now you've read my deep, dark secrets... time to reveal yours

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
2004: No real resolution to speak of.

2005: Live a healthier lifestyle: less junkfood, less fast food, less crap in general. I resolve to appreciate my friends and family more, for my Grandpa is 93 years old and is finding it harder and harder to get around every day. I resolve to write more, for somewhere inside me is another award winning piece but I don't even know if it's a novel, a short story, a poem or a play. So I have to get that figured out.

HeraLirambar

Reaction score
Now why the heck am i rhyming?

In the year two thousand five
I'll get a job and learn to drive

ceecee

Reaction score
2004: I resolved to check my blind-spot before changing lanes. (and I still do)

2005: Get a job that makes me a whole lot happier than my current one.

Whatever

Reaction score
I never make resolutions just for the new year. I make them as I need them, and break them for the same reason. Right now I want to walk 6 miles a day, lose a few pounds, study a lot and finish my quilt.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
2004: My resolution for this year,was "No more,'Yes sir!',Boss."(quote from Defiant Ones).Meaning,not to take anymore guff from anyone,accept myself flaws and all & speak my mind.

2005: Too early to think of some.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
scarylarrywolf said:
2004: I resolved to gain 10 pounds. Either I don't eat enough, I have an over-active metabolism, or the little elves living in my esophogus eat whatever I swallow before it gets to my stomach because I'm 6 ft., 135 lbs, and have not been able to gain and maintain 5 pounds since freshman year of high school. Over this summer I did gain 5 pounds, but lost it again somewhere. If you ever find five pounds lying around, please notify me immediately -- it may be mine.
I have 10 pounds I will gladly give you, heck, I've got 20 if you're interested.

scarylarrywolf

Reaction score
Yeah, I've often thought that if I could take everyone's "extra" pounds that would be my contribution to world peace. But 'til then, trust me -- being skinny isn't the greatest thing that's happened to me. :stick_out_tongue:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I've got a GREAT deal on some spare pounds :wink:

I think I'm just going to try to learn from my mistakes more...I have a problem fully admitting I make mistakes, so that makes it hard to learn from them :big_grin: