TMNT Season 9 coming to DVD

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I recently read at wikipedia (which of course could be wrong) that there was speculation that some of the master tapes were in poor condition or lost, suggesting that was the explanation for the delay of season 9 as well as the lack of Once Upon a Time Machine and Planet of the Turtleoids. But it's wikipedia so I'll ignore that unless there was a source (honestly can't remember if a source was cited there).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't believe that mainly because half the episodes that were on DVD came from REALLY bad source tapes anyway.

But it would explain things. I guess ol' MWF Swenson or whatever it was called just didn't give a crap about where they stored their masters.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But they didn't even put the Triceritons in the show until... I dunno which season, but it was a pretty late season.
Yeah the Triceritons were kind of thrown in and thrown out. Though at least the episode as a whole was interesting, when Donatello became the Dark Turtle, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dark Turtle was one of the best late season episodes, if nothing else for PWNing Batman TAS, which came in and stole half of their interest. Especially since Don kept holding people over ledges to get information.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
One of the Triceritons was featured on the cover of TMNT III: The Manhattan Project, even though they don't appear in the game.