TMS Outline- Groucho Marx!

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
How about all 6 from the "One Sentence Birds" sketch?
I'll stick with three birds: Youknow Bird (pink), Forcryingoutloud Bird (green), and Ohboy Bird (blue).

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
TotallySpiesFan said:
What jokes do any characters do in "At the Dance"?
Still haven't decided yet. I keep forgetting about it, b/c of life and stuff.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

MGov

Reaction score
Jim Henson would never have let Groucho Marx on the show without getting him to sing, "Lydia the Tattooed Lady".

D

Dil

OK, so how about this one?
This one should be bigger and better.

BRIAN HENSON INTRO

BRIAN: "Hi, I'm Brian Henson. Groucho Marx of the Marx Brothers was the oldest guest star to appear on The Muppet Show. He was 86 years old at the time. He & the other 2 of the guests, George Burns & Senor Wences, were born before the 20th Century. In this episode, Groucho would sing 'Lydia The Tatooed Lady', which is one of my father's favorite songs, to Oscar, a Muppet Grouch who was performed by Carroll Spinney, one of the Muppeteers who was a major performer for another Muppet Production called Sesame Street. Big Bird, also performed by Spinney, made an appearance in another episode. Here's The Muppet Show with Groucho Marx... & Oscar the Grouch."

STYLE: Early Season 2 (replacing the Zero Mostel episode)

COLD OPENING/DRESSING ROOM

SCOOTER: "Groucho Marx! Uh, Groucho Marx!"

GROUCHO: (in a rare TV appearance without the cigar) "Don't tell me! I know what you're going to say. 'Groucho Marx, Groucho Marx, 20 seconds.' It's should be 5 seconds from now--"

(The clock that is beside Groucho rings.)

SCOOTER: (off-camera) "That's a 15 Second Clock."

GROUCHO: (close-up) "What?"

OPENING THEME

"It's The Muppet Show with our special guest star Mr. Groucho Marx! Haahh!"

(Oscar the Grouch replaces S & W's comments.)
OSCAR: "Groucho is a 'grouchy' name."

Gonzo blows a cigar rathern than a horn. Smoke comes out of the cigar. ("Smoke doesn't come out of that horn")

You know why I don't usually make the whole script together? It's because I need some break from hard work of making scripts.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Uh pardon me Dil but don't you think you should ask Dave's approval before proposing to expand his own outline out?
I like the idea of Oscar the Grouch appearing alongside Groucho but just to be polite you should have checked with Dave first. Unless you had posted a completely separate thread with this idea of your own.
Nothing wrong with forum members writing different kinds of outlines with the same choices of guest stars.
I hope you can see the point I'm gently trying to make.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Quick changeroo: switch this one to in-between the Zero Mostel and Milton Berle episodes. Makes more sense visually, IMO. In my 'in progress' file, I've got an outline I'd rather slot in-between the Don Knotts and Zero Mostel episodes: one guest-starring Henny Youngman (P.S. anyone know if Henny sang?)

Having a great time on vacation at my grandparents' house in Cincinnati (except for this computer). Brought my 10-hour TMS Season Two uncut tape (which took me 3 months to make, and they don't make 10-hour VHS tapes anymore to boot), and I'm already halfway through in just two days. As is the best-case scenario, watching the real episodes gives me inspiration for my fanfics. I hope to start posting some when I return.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole