TMS outline- James Caan!

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
SPECIAL GUEST STAR: JAMES CAAN

STYLE: MID-FIRST SEASON

OPENING THEME:
Fozzie joke: “I went to a football game so bad, the players were leaving early to beat the traffic. Wocka wocka!”
James Caan: in the Talk Spot set with the Muppets, including Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Hilda, George and Janice
Gonzo: chops the ‘O’ with an axe

SONG: “Satisfaction”- the Electric Mayhem

Waldorf: “I can’t get any satisfaction either.”

Statler: “How could you? Look where we are.”

Backstage: Gonzo is upset that Kermit didn’t schedule his act into the show and won’t make room, so Gonzo schemes to get onstage.

SONG: “Little Green Apples”- James sings while strolling through a sunlit suburban neighborhood on a pleasant Saturday afternoon

Waldorf: “Ah, nice number. That James Caan is a real mammoth talent.”

Statler: “Well if anybody would know, it’s you. Who else had a mammoth for a pet? HA HA HA HA HA!”

Backstage: Gonzo approaches Kermit with an idea for a new act- eating the stage curtain to the tune of Beethoven’s Minuet in G, but Kermit turns him down.

At the Dance

Vet’s Hospital- Dr. Bob operates on the Guru, who would rather have traditional herbal remedies

Gangster sketch- in a nightclub, Luca Bartola (James) and his gang, which includes Benny the Nose (Gonzo) and George the Janitor (“he’s called The Janitor because he cleans up after my messes!” “Maybe you should stop eating with your fingers then!”) face off against Jerry the Comic (Fozzie) and his right-hand men Scooter the Gofer and Sid the Kneecap (Boppity Frackle). Piggy is Luca’s moll and Gloat (in drag) is Jerry’s (“How did this happen?”)

Waldorf: “They should do something about those gangsters.”

Statler: “Yeah... get ‘em off the stage, for one thing!”

S & W: “AH HA HA HA HA!”

The Houses- “I hear your son the restaurant is becoming interested in athletics.” “Interested? He’s talking about becoming a sports club.”

UK Spot: “Dancing Queen”- as sung by Janice et al, as Piggy and other female Muppets (including Gorgon Heap’s wife, Zola) take to the dance floor (in red-lit At the Dance set)

Talk Spot: interrupted by Gonzo; Gonzo tells Kermit that his dressing room is on fire (due to Gonzo using his boss’s dressing room to rehearse his flamethrower juggling act); once Gonzo has the audience’s attention, he tries to do his own act- sewing a button onto a watermelon, until Kermit comes back and gets rid of him.

Waldorf: “That Great Gonzo sure causes a lot of vexation around here.”

Statler: “Oh, they should take some penicillin for that.”

Waldorf: “What we have here is a failure to communicate.”

Fozzie’s Monologue- after Fozzie refuses Gonzo’s request to cut his act short, Gonzo does it for him with the aid of some banana peels

Waldorf: “Hooray!”

Statler: “Bravo!”

Waldorf: “Wonderful! I tell you, that’s the best act old Fozzie’s ever done!”

Statler: “Yeah, and it’s the best thing the little blue geek’s ever done, too!”

S & W: “AH HA HA HA HA!”

Wayne & Wanda- “If Ever I Would Leave You”- Wanda sings, but get carried away by Thig

Wings: Gonzo pays off Thig for carrying off Wanda thus ending their act.

Thig: “I feel almost guilty for taking money for it.”

Gonzo: Not to worry.”

Thig: “You sure this is okay?”

Gonzo: “Sure. Bon appetit.”

Thig: “All right!”

Muppet News- “Popular nightclub singer Enzo Fiamma(James) announced today that he will postpone his current tour.” Turns out he has a frog in his throat (as evidenced by the sound of his voice- and I don’t need to tell you how that gag will work!)

Backstage: after a lot of aggravation, Kermit finally agrees to let Gonzo go on

Gonzo saws a bowling ball in half to the tune of Khatchaturian’s “Saber Dance”

Statler: “You know all that good stuff we said about Gonzo earlier?”

Waldorf: “Wanna take it back?”

Statler: “Lets, please!”

CLOSING NUMBER: “Love, I Hear”- James sings to Miss Piggy

Curtain: James, Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie, Gonzo, Scooter, Janice, George and Hilda

Statler: “This show raises an important question.”

Waldorf: “What’s that?”

Statler: “Why do they do it?”

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

That was good. It's been a while since we had a new outline up. Just a few comments.

Waldorf: “That Great Gonzo sure causes a lot of vexation around here.”

Statler: “Oh, they should take some penicillin for that.”

Waldorf: “What we have here is a failure to communicate.”
I don't quite get that one. Could you explain it?

By the way, don't you mean "Thog" instead of "Thig?"

I also liked how you included everything in the first season theme: Fozzie's joke, Gonzo's gong, etc. I thought of doing that for my Davy Jones episode, but I couldn't come up with any ideas for that.

Anyway, overall, I enjoyed that. By the way, I'm working on a TMS outline with Charo. If it's good enough, I'll put it up when I'm finished.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Re: Reply

Originally posted by Daffyfan2003
That was good. It's been a while since we had a new outline up. Just a few comments.

I don't quite get that one. Could you explain it?

That was one I struggled a lot with. I wanted a misunderstanding joke, like this one from the Bruce Forsyth ep:

Waldorf: "That Miss Piggy takes umbrage at the slightest annoyance."
Statler: "Oh, I usually take aspirin. Maybe I'll try some umbrage."

In the end I'm not sure if mine worked very well.

By the way, don't you mean "Thog" instead of "Thig?"
Actually no. Thig and Thog both originally debuted as a pair in "The Great Santa Claus Switch" in 1970. Thig didn't appear much after that, but Thog popped up in the Valentine Special and on TMS. You can see a picture of Thig here:

http://www.henson.com/fun//fcreature//thig_fcreature.html

He is round like Thog, but is green and about two feet shorter. He was voiced by Frank Oz. I wanted to include him at some point seeing as he was gone after that special as far as I know. Anyone know if Thig ever appeared in anything else?

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

I see. Well, actually, I don't see because the pictures won't load on my computer, but I see what you mean.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Anybody else have any comments? Favorite parts? Suggestions for improvement?

I thought this one was kind of dry, dull, and predictable compared to some of my other ones. But then again, it matches the style in which I set it:big_grin:

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
A side note- think of this one as being around the same time as the Lena Horne and Peter Ustinov episodes.

Sadly, I personally think this one kind of matches the other two for staleness lol.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Bumping this year-and-a-half old clunker back up to the top of the list! Hehe! :crazy:

P

Philip Kippel

Gorgon Heap said:
SONG: “Little Green Apples”- James sings while strolling through a sunlit suburban neighborhood on a pleasant Saturday afternoon
Do any other muppets appear in this number...or is it James alone?

UK Spot: “Dancing Queen”- as sung by Janice et al, as Piggy and other female Muppets (including Gorgon Heap’s wife, Zola) take to the dance floor (in red-lit At the Dance set)
Which female muppets appear in this number, besides Janice, Piggy and Zola? I suppose that Wanda, Hilda, Mildred, "Sexy Muppet", the Green Scoff, some what-nots, etc. are among them.

And is Zola really the Gorgon Heap puppet in drag? Are any of the other male monsters (Boppity, Gloat, etc.) in this number in drag?

TotallySpiesFan

Reaction score
Philip Kippel said:
Do any other muppets appear in this number...or is it James alone?
Yes, there are some Whatnots, as well as Scooter and George.

Philip Kippel said:
Which female muppets appear in this number, besides Janice, Piggy and Zola? I suppose that Wanda, Hilda, Mildred, "Sexy Muppet", the Green Scoff, some what-nots, etc. are among them.
Wanda, some Whatnots, a pink Muppet who sings "You Do Something To Me", and Youknow Bird.

Philip Kippel said:
And is Zola really the Gorgon Heap puppet in drag? Are any of the other male monsters (Boppity, Gloat, etc.) in this number in drag?
Zola is really the Boppity puppet in drag from a special Vincent Price episode's "At the Dance".