TMS script- Ed Wynn!

D

Dil

At the beginning, you used the talk spot appearance of the guest star. Wouldn't it be better if you used the guest star part of the opening as the closing number part instead of just the Talk Spot? Talk Talk Talk...

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Dil said:
At the beginning, you used the talk spot appearance of the guest star. Wouldn't it be better if you used the guest star part of the opening as the closing number part instead of just the Talk Spot?
Hmm, dat's a possibility. That or his first act, the poem, in the bedroom set w/Gonzo & Muppy just like in the Twiggy episode (and opening, at that).

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole

D

Dil

Is it OK if I would make another Ed Wynn Muppet Show Outline, Gorgon Heap?

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
You don't need my permission. Be my guest. So long as it's different from mine, I don't have any problem with it at all.

D

Dil

OK, thanks!

You know that Ed Wynn passed away in 1966, 10 years before The Muppet Show started, so this is only a fanfic. Wynn was born in 1886, 90 years before The Muppet Show started, that would be good...
This one should be Comedy:
And this Season 1 Outline is going to need a Specific Intro, since only the Rita Moreno, Paul Williams, & Candice Bergen episodes were Specific Season 1 Intros by Brian Henson.

STYLE: Late Season 1 (after the Mummenschanz Episode)

BRIAN HENSON INTRO
"Hi, I'm Brian Henson. Ed Wynn was the oldest guest star to appear on The Muppet Show. He was 90 years old at the time. (inserts clip of the talk spot)In this episode, we had some more comedy variety than most of the Muppet Shows, like more laughter, especially (inserts clip of the closing number) the 'I Love To Laugh' number. (cut back to Brian Henson) 'I Love To Laugh' is a song first used in Mary Poppins. (inserts clip of 'I Love To Laugh' from Mary Poppins) That movie, starring another Muppet Show Guest Star, Julie Andrews, was created by Disney. Disney owns the rights of the Muppets, today. (cut back to Brian Henson) Since no other guest stars than Ed Wynn were in their 90's during The Muppet Show, Ed still held the record for being the oldest ever guest star of The Muppet Show. Enjoy the Show."

OPENING THEME

"It's The Muppet Show with our very special guest Mr. Ed Wynn!"

FOZZIE: "Hey! (looks at S & W) Statler & Waldorf!"

(camera cut to the view of S & W from the stage.)

STATLER & WALDORF: "What?"

FOZZIE: "That Gonzo swang on a rope and crashed into a short & thin Waldorf Hotel."

(camera cut to the balcony.)

STATLER & WALDORF: "Well, what's that short & think Waldorf Hotel?"

(camera cut the view of the stage from the balcony.)

FOZZIE: "The Wall! Owww!"

(Gonzo (with the droopy eyelids raised, and pupil smaller) swings on a rope & crashes at the balcony.)

Ed Wynn: floating with other Muppets above at the same shot of Ben Vereen hanging on a rafter.

Gonzo: (at the balcony, feeling a little damaged) Tried to use a canon to shoot the gong, but it doesn't work for a little while... (GONZO: "Aw, shoot.")... then the canon shoots a cannonball at the gong, and the gong explodes, which causes Stalter & Waldorf to laugh, then Gonzo faints.)

I'm taking a break for now. I'll be back later, OK?

D

Dil

Here's the Opening Number:

CURTAIN

KERMIT: "Thank you, thank you, and welcome to The Muppet Show. And our guest, tonight, is the entertainer of Comedy, Ed Wynn!"

(Audience applauses.)

KERMIT: "Wait a Minute, it's MISTER Ed Wynn. (mumbles) (speaks clearly) But first!... (audience silences) First, before we have Mr. Wynn, let's hear a song written by Liz Ov Foznowisky."

OPENING NUMBER: The Stampede G Flat MI Sympony

(Liz Ov Foznowisky is Lenny the Lizard dressed in a male tux.)

LENNY: "Thank you, thank you, thank you. And now, I, the great-great-great-great-great-great grandson of Victor Georges Foznowisky, will play a good ol' classic, 'The Stampede Sympony #1'."

(Lenny plays on the piano, left hand: in rhythm, but right hand: out rhythm. 40 seconds later, a Zebra Stampede run through Lenny and the piano.)

BALCONY

STATLER: "That dum lizard is out of rhythm."

WALDORF: "Why so? He's actually of luck!"

(both laugh.)

BACKSTAGE

KERMIT: "OK, nice job, zebras."

(The Zebras stampede to backstage.)

FOZZIE: "Hey Kermit, Kermit? What's this big closing number everyone keeps talking about?"

KERMIT: "Oh, well Fozzie tonight, since Ed Wynn is the guest star, we're going to re-create one of his most famous movie scenes: the "I Love to Laugh" number from Mary Poppins."

FOZZIE: "Oh, the one where everybody's laughing and flying all over the place?"

KERMIT: "That's the one, Fozzie."

FOZZIE: "Mm-hmm. How are you gonna do that?"

KERMIT: "Oh, well Scooter has been working on it all week."

(Scooter enters.)

KERMIT: "Scooter, how's it going?"

SCOOTER: "Great! Terrific! Yeah, we're using suspension wires. Gonzo is testing them now. I think we've got a winner on our hands!"

(Gonzo flies into view, on wires, and crashes into the wall.)

SCOOTER: "Well actually, now that you mention it..."

(Kermit grimaces and walks off. Scooter shrugs, and he and Fozzie both look at the camera.)

Tomorrow I'll make some more.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
Dil,

If you don't mind, could you move your new script into a separate thread? Also, in that first backstage scene, is that the same dialogue as mine?