1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MustangRockstar, Feb 9, 2006.

1. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

in case you are wondering about my name, it was supposed to be "crazed gonzo fan" but they cut out the "n" in "fan"

2. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

what i would like is the Muppets at Walt Disney World, since I've never seen it

3. CarrieTheGreat

CarrieTheGreat New Member

I'm willing to wait a while for a stellar DVD release of each season of The Muppet Show. I loved it that much. I don't want them to rush it. I want them to get close to perfect just like Season 1 was.

4. Blinky_Fish

Blinky_Fish Member

C,
    I am not all that convinced Season 1 was all it could be... There were no real extras - Which I love personally. And what I am really wondering is why there aren't resources for this. i mean you could put a two man team out there on the edits and if the Music is the issue, change it. Not like it hasn't been done before...

I just want the rest - Now... call me impatient... Wha'chu call me?

5. SirGiggles

SirGiggles New Member

man that stinks delayed :boo:

6. crazed gonzo fa

Does any one know the latest time possible it will be released?

7. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

The Great Santa Clause switch is not owned by Disney (or henson), so it probably won't be released as an extra, unless Disney wanted to pay to get the rights to use that special. That special is owned by whatever company it is that owns The Ed Sullivan Show.

Even if Disney could release that special, I don't think that special or The Frog Prince will be included as special features on any Muppet Show season sets. I have read somewhere that Disney is more interested in releasing special features that are more related to The Muppet Show.

8. giovannii

giovannii New Member

How about new interviews with surviving guest stars. I know a lot of them have passed away, but to my knowledge the following Season 2 guests are still alive:
    *Judy Collins
    *Jaye P Morgan
    *John Cleese
    *Dom DeLuise
    *Bernadette Peters
    *Julie Andrews
    *Cleo Laine
    *Rich Little
    *Petula Clark
    *Teresa Brewer
    *Cloris Leachman
    *Steve MArtin
    *Elton John

I'd like to see the Valentines Special on Season 2 as well.

It's a shame they didn't include that on Season 1 alongside the alternate Juliet Prowse episode.

I would love it if they included the deleted songs from Season 1 as bonus features on Season 2, but I doubt that'll happen.

9. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

lol, it amazed me how many typos there were:zany: :crazy:

10. crazed gonzo fa

If they don't re-release those, I'll never get to see them! I think I'm going cry.:cry:
    Oh well:concern::crazy:

11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

It's also a shame that they didn't include the alternate Connie Stevens episode.

12. crazed gonzo fa

Is there any possible way for me to see "The Great Santa Clause Switch"?

13. Tim

Tim Member

The Guest Star was Cloris Leachman. She solved the problem by hog calling the pigs out of the theatre.

14. finger eleven

finger eleven New Member

My vote's for a Gonzo style box

15. crazed gonzo fa

Gonzo for sure!:concern: :crazy: :crazy:

16. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Muppetnewsflash just put up new ifo on The Muppet Show 2nd season boxed set. Here is the article.
    This shows promiss that Disney wants to make it better than season 1 boxed set. The confirmed special fetures are as follows the pilot the Muppet Show valentines day, muppet Morsels commentary, ads for the second season episodes and the Jim henson tribute may be on there. Please comment on what the box should be. I feel it should be of Fozzie and include a discount on the Kermit Replica.

17. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

Muppetnewsflash just psted info on The Muppet Show season 1 boxed set. Here is the article.
    this shows that Disney wants to make it better than the Season 1 boxed set. The confirmed specialfeatures are muppet morsels trivia, The first pilot The Muppet Show Valentines Day and possibly the Jim Henson tribute. Please comment on what the box should look like. i think that it should be of Fozzie and should include a discount on the kermit Replica.

18. crazed gonzo fa

All right! Thanks for the info!

19. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

20. Dil

Dil Guest

Oh, not as long as I thought.

Maybe, perhaps Disney is trying to make the Season 2 DVD COMPLETE, including the missing scenes from Season 1. (I doupt this would happen really.)