1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by MustangRockstar, Feb 9, 2006.

1. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Having Statler and Waldorf return for the menus would be fine by me (but I wouldn't want to see the re-use the same exact footage).

However I wouldn't mind seeing :confused: and :eek: do the menus -- that could be fun.

2. Dil

Dil Guest

Yeah, I could use a different footage of Statler & Waldorf, too.

What I'm trying to say is this:
    Whether any of you want all of the Season Two episodes cut or not, I doubt Disney would make the entire 2nd Season on its DVD release.

3. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

Ah, so that's why I hadn't heard anything about it for some time.

August-November release date...if they stick to their deadlines, it might be out in time for my 21st.

4. crazed gonzo fa

crazed gonzo fa Active Member

So what special features will season 2 definetly have?

5. Dil

Dil Guest

Muppet Morsels & The Muppet Show Show Season Two Gag Reel... I think.

6. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

We won't know anything definetly until Disney makes the official announcment.

7. crazed gonzo fa

I'm starting to get impatient waiting for this.

8. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

same here but we're just GONNA HAVE to keep waiting dude! :)

9. GelflingWaldo

GelflingWaldo New Member

Waiting a year (between 10-14 months) is not uncommon, actually it is quite normal, for a TV-to-DVD season set release pattern. We'll just have to sit here and wait patiently like the good little Muppet fans that we are.

I just feel bad for fans of shows that end up having the 24+ month gaps or the unthinkable stoppage before all the seasons are out. At least it is coming, and not too far off.

10. crazed gonzo fa

Yeah, I know I should be patient. But it gets annoying to see other shows get multiple collections in just a few months time. Third Rock from the Sun for example. A few months ago the first season came out. It's currently on it's fourth season collection.:grouchy: :boo: :crazy:

11. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

Not to get offtopic, but I actually have misplaced disk 1 of my TMS season 1.
    and MWOO... VERY irritated...

Haven't read all the posts in here, but I am hoping they haven't cancelled it.. or won't. I agree that it seems like they made a killer off the first season.. so why not continue?

12. crazed gonzo fa

I think if you register your dvd at a certain website, they will replace lost disks.:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

13. Dil

Dil Guest

And I'll need to have a list of all, most, or some of Kermit's beginning lines, besides the 2nd Season episodes that were released in the Time-Life videos.

14. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Dill, I have some questions for you...

1. How would you know there would be edits?

2. How would you know Scott (scarecroe) is going to post the supposed cuts? What if he is too busy? What if he doesn't want to do the website? You shouldn't depend on Scott. He has a life to ya know and can't make muppet websites all his life. :rolleyes:

15. Dil

Dil Guest

I just know it.
    It'll take millions of dollars to make it complete.

Ooh! There must be a site where it has the video clips of the Edited Songs & Sketches from The Muppet Show!

16. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Disney has WAAAAY more than a million dollars. Plus, if there must be one, you try to work your but off transfering video clips and finding enough web space and paying for HTML etc! It takes alot of work!

17. Barry Lee

Barry Lee Active Member

Thats not official, we'll just have to wait. Hopefully disney will be even smarter and maybe do some commentary! :zany:

18. Ernie101

Ernie101 Active Member

I'll have to try that. I think I might actually know where the MWOO case and dvd are. but not sure about the TMS season 1. I'll have to check in to that. but thank you for the advice.

19. crazed gonzo fa

Glad to help.

20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Hi guys, sorry to zoom in late on this, but what's the latest news on TMS Season 2? I've missed a whole bunch since MC died for me about a month ago.