1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Toby Froud Producing Film with Heather Henson's Ibex Puppetry

Discussion in 'Fantasy Worlds' started by Buck-Beaver, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

This is not technically a Henson Co. production (moderators feel free to move this somewhere more appropriate if you like), but it is a Henson/Froud production so I thought I would post it here.

Heather Henson's Ibex Puppetry has just announced that the next film in The Handmade Puppet Dreams film series will be called "Lessons Learned" and is being directed by Toby Froud, who is the son of Wendy and Brian Froud...and who played Baby Toby in Labyrinth. So the Henson/Froud connection continues in to the second generation. Pretty cool, no? There is a trailer and info on Kickstarter campaign to help finance the project at http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1401146961/lessons-learned-a-practical-puppet-short-film

FrackleFan2012 and theSHE124 like this.
  2. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Both Miss Heather...and Toby Froud?...AWESOME! :excited: I gotta tell my sisters about this! We've all seen Labyrinth before.

3. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I was wondering what happened to Toby!

theSHE124 likes this.
  4. Scooterforever

Scooterforever Active Member

Just found out about this project and had to be a part of it. Given the popularity of Labyrinth and Dark Crystal, I'm sure this project will be funded in no time.

5. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

You bet it will, ScooterMan! It climbed up to over 11-grand yesterday!! :eek: Also, I recently included the website link in my signature. Hope others 'round the forum get into this! :drool:

6. Scooterforever

I selected the custom sculpted Froudian USB drive; I don't really have enough money to go over the $100 range right now, not to mention I don't have room in my bedroom for the pricier rewards such as the goblin statue or the character maquettes. They sure look cool though.

theSHE124 likes this.
  7. Laszlo

Laszlo Member

Sounds fascinating! Great to see Toby continuing what his parents began!

theSHE124 likes this.
  8. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Wow! That's great! I hope it becomes successful! :scary:

theSHE124 likes this.
  9. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

What did I tell y'all? It's been 5 days, and they now have over 21-grand pledged for them! ;)

10. FrackleFan2012

YAAAAY! :)

theSHE124 likes this.
  11. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Day 6: At this hour: $22955!:crazy: Has anyone here in the Forum pledged to this? I'll like an answer posted (except for you, ScooterMan, I see you post.):search:

12. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Great Gumballs!!! The pledges have passed the minimum of 25-grand!! I see a green light ahead! :)

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  13. FrackleFan2012

That's wonderful! :)

14. Scooterforever

Yeah, I got an update saying Toby will add another puppet to the film if he reaches 35,000. Considering he reached his goal within 5 days, with 22 days to go, I think he may be able to hit 50,000 by the deadline.

15. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Ooh! That's quite a running bet you got there, ScooterMan! :shifty: Not sure where I'm guessing right now...

16. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Update! Funding is pledged to over 34-grand. I think I'll try to pledge it myself...:cool:

17. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Hey Scooterman! The pledges had made it beyond 35-grand! :D Though, with 12 days left to go, I'm betting it might go as high as $40,000. What do the rest of ya think? :confused:

18. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

...Okay, I stand corrected, it just passed 40-grand today:oops: ...will it stop at...45-grand? CRAZY!!:crazy:

19. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

Update! I lost the bet! :o You were right, ScooterMan. The pledges have now passed $50,000, and with 45 hrs. to go...

20. theSHE124

theSHE124 Active Member

TIME'S UP! Toby Froud's project has been funded with $53,330 by 922 backers! :scary: I tried to get into this pledging, but no one, not even my younger sister going to college, told me this was accounts only! I thought this was a free donation! :mad: Still, I must admit right here and right now, all these backers prove that people still want to see puppetry arts, right? :jim: