1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Today's the day!!! D'Snowth, HERE IS YOUR LIFE: Snowth's Anniversary Thread

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Pig's Laundry, Aug 8, 2018 at 5:31 PM.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

On this day in history, 15 years ago, the forum changed forever...

[​IMG]

:):"Alright everybody!!! Light the candles, put up those streamers! And, Scooter, did you book the guests?"
    ;): "Well, I did boss, I invited everyone, but no one showed up! Well, no one except...

:boo:: "Well, Waldorf, I can't believe it's been fifteen years.
    :sleep:: "Yep."
    :boo:: "We've had a lot of ups and downs over the years."
    :sleep:: "Yeah, but mostly downs. Doh ho ho ho ho!!!
    :o: *sighs*

Happy Anniversary, Snowth!

2. Old Thunder

Old Thunder Well-Known Member

Nah, mein Freund, alles gute zum deinem Feiertag! Ich muß dich doch grad mal noch gratulieren, das du hast schon fünfzehn Jahren hier auf Muppet Central Forum geblasen. Danke für deinen zeit hier, und ich hoffe das du noch fünfzehn mehr Jahren bleibst. Unser President ist der aller beste, nah?

D'Snowth likes this.
  3. Froggy Fool

Froggy Fool Well-Known Member

D'Snowth likes this.
  4. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Happy anniversary D'Snowth!

D'Snowth likes this.
  5. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Well-Known Member

6. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

no

D'Snowth likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Um, wow. I totally forgot all about today being my fifteenth anniversary here on MC - I've been so preoccupied with other things, it was the farthest thing from my mind.

Thanks one and all - you'll be happy to know I have no retrospective planned like I did for my fifth and tenth anniversaries.

8. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Aw c'mon! SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH! SPEECH!

Froggy Fool and Old Thunder like this.
  10. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

You know, I almost forgot about the anniversary until KarWash posted this thread and then that's when I remembered it.

11. D'Snowth

Okay, okay, here goes.

Ahem.

"Thank you all, and Merry Christmas."

12. Hayley B

Hayley B Well-Known Member

Happy 15th Anniversary.

13. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

D'Snowth likes this.
  14. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Well-Known Member

"sneaks inside" :o

Uh. Hello everybody. I had no idea this was happening. Some of you older members may remember me. I haven't been a regular visitor for a few years, but this is not the place to talk about me.

D'Snowth and I struck up a very good forum friendship and I have many blessed memories. I remember very well reading the MASH TV show parody TKO he and others posted here on MC. Even though I never had the chance to appear in it alongside him, I was given a recurring role when he left at the beginning of the last season as a friend of his recommended by him as a replacement to the rest of the cast. I was based upon the Father Mulcahey (not sure of the exact name) character on MASH.

Congratulations Snowth. May you have many more anniversaries. :):D

15. Old Thunder

Can I see this?

16. D'Snowth

Here's a complete list of our episodes:

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/for-our-convenience.31746/

Our tenth anniversary was three years ago, and literally nobody cared. Not a soul.

And after all these years, I'm really saddened that I'm no longer in contact with a majority of the other castmembers. I'm Facebook friends with Beauregard; MrsPepper got married last year, but I rarely hear from her anymore either; Prawnie cut all contact with me over a stupid comment I posted on Facebook when I shouldn't have; and I have no idea whatever happened to any of the other castmembers. At least "Father Marty" still resurfaces from time to time to let us know he cares. :)

17. Old Thunder

Oooh this is cool! I’ll see if I can read them in future.

Would be interesting for the current forum to do something like this...

ConsummateVs likes this.
  18. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Well-Known Member

TKO- The Next Generation. If Star Trek can do it, maybe this show can one day. ;)

ConsummateVs and Old Thunder like this.
  19. Old Thunder

I have half a mind to set up a team to write this here and now.

20. D'Snowth

I don't really believe the original has aged well. Like, at all. The original was created in a pre-social media era of the internet, where congregating on forums such as this was far more common. With so much of the original built around the forum community and such, I don't know how a reboot, remake, next-gen spinoff, or what have you would even work.

Not to mention, since the original was MrsPepper's concept, I think it should be up to her whether this should happen, though I doubt she'd approve.