Toga's Total Teasers and Tale Title Tally

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
This is hilarious, Lisa!! I love all the TBNL's and the nice layout of all the teasers/explantions...and it's nice to see a snippet of stories not yet posted too. Gives a teensy bit of an idea of how it might play out...or not.

And I just read the very last one, "Smoke and Mirrors, Part I"

HOLY CRICKETS!!! ROBIN SMOKES!?!?!!?! :confused:

*Also, Lisa Ziffel'd me twice and Prawnie once. And also Prawnie it was pretty cool when you sent out an email about the backup MC...somehow it went to my hotmail/MSN account....and my cell phone picked it up as a text message. XD

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Hehe! That's crazy Sara! :stick_out_tongue: Of course, this is MC we're talking about... :wink:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Smoke and Mirrors, Part II

Title: Smoke and Mirrors, Part II

Writing status: Undetermined number of chapters written through torment lines

Posting status: Not yet posted

Inspiration: See “Smoke and Mirrors, Part I”

TBNL: Moderate to high. Beware of certain triangles.

Ushy Gushy: N/A

Additional reasons for posting delay: Can’t be posted until “Smoke and Mirrors, Part I” is complete

Excerpt:

"I told her I'd let her go... if she'd be happier with him," Robin said weakly. "But I can't, Uncle Kermit. If it hadn't been for her... I'd be in that hospital bed instead of this one."

Kermit followed his nephew's gaze to the sheet-covered body in the other bed. He gulped. "Ah- what makes you say that, Robin?" he asked.

Robin slowly turned his eyes to Kermit. "Uncle Kermit," he said quietly, "That's Spud."

theprawncracker

Reaction score
SPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUD!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! *has no idea who Spud is* AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Title: Lily Pad Crown

Inspiration: Various biblical stories, most notably the story of Esther, plus a little bit of my Ancient Literature class, and random Muppet chaos, particularly from Muppet Classic Theater

TBNL: Mostly mild. Beware of …Um, the beginning.

Ushy Gushy: Undetermined but determinedly high

Additional reasons for posting delay: Difficulty with sequential writing, other stories

Excerpt:

Flippersteps were soft against the wooden floor. He liked this much better than the cold marble floors surrounding the private royal quarters. The halls were nice and dark and quiet and, best of all, empty.

He stopped at the proper door... and sighed. He set his hand on the door-jam and looked himself over. He looked like... Himself. The crown was gone for the night, thank goodness, as was the far too elegant outfit he was forced into for the daylight hours. As for the silky pajamas and elegant bathrobe provided for the private hours for the night, he had abandoned them in the closet, just like he always did. Right now, he was simply Kermit the Frog, and that was the way he liked to be.

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Another Muppet Christmas Carol

Title: Another Muppet Christmas Carol

Writing status: A little over one chapter written

Inspiration: I keep hearing people- or, more accurately, I guess- reading the Tough Pigs guys complain that Muppet Christmas Carol doesn’t have enough Muppets, because the main character, Scrooge, is not a Muppet, and so on, so forth, blah, blah, blah. Well… What if we recast it?

TBNL: Surprisingly high at some points, actually, but comedy is the intended focus.

Ushy gushy: Keep dreaming. …No, seriously, it’ll show up once or twice. …At the tail (tale?) end.

Additional reasons for posting delay: Waiting for Christmas time, of course.

Small Excerpt:

The Marley’s were dead, to begin with.

What’s that you say? I can’t start like that? It’s been done before, you say. Well of course it has! The whole story has been done before! The only story that there’s more movies of than this one is Cinderella! Or Aschenputtel, wenn Sie schlagen die Deutsche vor. (That’s, “if you prefer the German,” for those of you who took Spanish instead.) So of course it’s been done before. Deal with it. This is my retelling. If you want something original, you shouldn’t be reading fanfiction. Go to the bookstore and find something with a title that doesn’t include the word, “another.”

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! I'm so excited! I just can't hide it! I'm about to lose control and- *is attacked by toe-ticklers* TEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEEE!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Together Again

Title: Together Again (Yes, the title is the same as my user name, the same as the song… Go ahead and laugh it all out.)

Inspiration: If I knew, I’d tell you

TBNL: Moderate, with a VERY HIGH peak towards the beginning. Beware of flashbacks.

Ushy Gushy: 40-45%

Additional reasons for posting delay: Configuration of chapters in relation to chapter titles

Excerpt:

Kermit sighed, flipping through pages. Wring, wrist... getting there... X-ray...

"Next message. Sent- today, at- two, sixteen, PM," the electronic voice announced.

"Bon Jour, Mon Capitan!"

He smirked.

"Moi was just calling to say that we had a slight change in our itinerary. In three weeks, instead of going to South Carolina, we will be showing in Washington, D.C."

There it was! Xenophobe... Oh. ...Now what gave that X any right to say that he hated or feared foreigners? You couldn't get more foreign than his friends...

theprawncracker

Reaction score
*ahem* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! *has no idea what's going on, but still* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well... that's all of 'em... at least, that have a shot at getting posted...

<stretches out> <sigh> Happy birthday, Together Again.