Tom or Jerry?

Erine81981

Reaction score
I still like Tom and Jerry both the same but I'm going with Tom. He's just like every one else is saying that he's just protecting the house from vermin. But that doesn't mean I don't like Jerry I just think Tom needs some respect.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
To be fair, both Tom and Jerry have had moments where they are just nasty. Jerry might be considered "cute" by many here, but he is FAR from innocent. If you watch more cartoons, their have been plenty of times, he was more of the antagonist than Tom.

I do love both characters though and frankly you can't have one without the other. But having said that, I have found myself rooting for Tom more. Not as much as I root for Wile E. Coyote against the Road Runner. But both characters just always tried so hard, that even though they were supposed to be the "bad guys," I couldn't help but cheer for them more.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
To be fair, both Tom and Jerry have had moments where they are just nasty. Jerry might be considered "cute" by many here, but he is FAR from innocent. If you watch more cartoons, their have been plenty of times, he was more of the antagonist than Tom.

I do love both characters though and frankly you can't have one without the other. But having said that, I have found myself rooting for Tom more. Not as much as I root for Wile E. Coyote against the Road Runner. But both characters just always tried so hard, that even though they were supposed to be the "bad guys," I couldn't help but cheer for them more.
A great rule of storytelling that I learned from a Pixar animator- It was something along the lines of, you admire a character for trying, much more than when they succeed.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Mark me down for Tom. Love the guy, makes for some hilarious comedy. Tom and Jerry is a great cartoon series overall though.

And if I have the scores right:

Tom - 15
Jerry - 9

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I think i've figure out the nature of Tom and Jerry's fairly complex relationship. It's close to that of a younger brother and an older brother.
Tom is the older sibling. He's the the one that's constantly trying to stop Jerry from reeking havoc everywhere he goes. Jerry always bothers Tom whenever he's on dates or hanging out with friends, Tom just wants him to go away. Jerry does whatever he wants, not caring about the consequences or the effect it has on Tom. He also gets annoyed when Tom comes to put an end to his fun, even though he can be a bit of a wet blanket at times. But sometimes, on rare occasions, they put they're differences aside and work together to fight against one common problem. And, if all goes well, they enjoy each other's company, even if only for a short while. And than they start fighting again, and the cycle starts over again.

Last edited: