1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Tom or Jerry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Beauregard, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

What nonsence is this? Tom still comes out firmly tops!

Tom 9
    Jerry 3

Tom has three times as many votes!
  2. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

This is teriffic news. :) Tom rocks!

I have a feeling, though, that if the question, "Sylvester or Tweety" was asked, Tweety would win that poll. Tweety is just too cute for some people. I've never seen someone walk around with a Jerry tshirt but have seen some Tweety shirts before. That's ok though. Sylvester isn't nearly as cool as Tom.

sthufferin sthucotash!

I tot I taw a puddy tat!
  3. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

Sorry but I can't choose so for me its. Tom and Jerry. Love them both to death. In the movie they had to work together. I know alot of people hated it becase that both talked but loved it to death. So I vote for Tom and Jerry Or Jasper and the mouse. Both are cool in my book. I have a Tom and Jerry doll. Two to be exact. I have two little Jerry and Tom and one big Tom plushie.
  4. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

Kimp, I'm with you, Jerry is best
  5. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Tom 10
    Jerry 5

Two on two!!! Eek!
  6. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Anyone ever seen that episode where Tom serenades a girl cat and sings, "Is you is, or is you ain't my baby"? That seems to have been a common scene people recall. It was truly memorable and amusing.
  7. Erine81981

Erine81981 Active Member

My favorite scene is the one where Tom, Jerry and Spike go to the movies. They then see each other beating the crap out of each other then the movie version see them beating each other up. I also like the one where Spike is trying to sleep but Jerry keeps messing things up so Spike will get on to Tom for make to much racket. Funny one too.
  8. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Precisely a reason my vote goes to Tom:

Like in that episode "Cat napping" where Tom and Jerry battle over getting to sleep on the hammock, Jerry resorts to luring an unsuspecting Spike over to the hammock with a bone. He throws it on the hammock, poor Spike leaps on the hammock to get the bone and Tom comes with a baseball bat thinking Jerry is still on the hammock. Tom folds up the hammock and hits it several times with the baseball bat. Spike has bumps on his head and is irate. He beats Tom to a pulp. Final scene shows Spkie and Jerry laying on the hammock contentedly while Tom (all bandaged up) is standing there forced to twirl a fan at Jerry to give him a comfortable breeze too. So Spike thinks Jerry is a good friend but he didn't realize Jerry only used Spike as a pawn to get at Tom and was willing to have Spike get painful blows to the head in the process!

Heh heh, those were both good eps you mentioned, Ernie. As were so many of em'. Remember Uncle Pecos? "Whoa! yad da diddly diddly didly dee. oh eeh ah oh uhhh. Frog a with em cortin he did right crambo!" I'm sure I'm off on the words there! And I think in this episode everybody had to feel sorry for Tom. He wasn't bothering Jerry one bit. Was only wanting to sleep. But every time the guitar string broke on Uncle Pecos's guitar, he'd pull a whisker from Tom to replace it. Poor kitty. :sympathy:
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Tom and Jerry are one of the greatest cartoon duos of all time! I even remember seeing a couple of early Tom and Jerry shorts where Tom's name was Jasper. Tom and Jerry: The Movie is one of the greatest and most original animated movies of all time, and it was great to hear Tom and Jerry talk!
  10. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

I was always sympathetic to Tom. As a child, I'd watch the cartoons and wonder why Tom was considered a bad guy. Most people try to get rid of mice; people have cats as pets. Besides, since Tom was a cat, I felt that he was only doing what came natural and had no choice. This was in sharp contrast to many of the human cartoon villains like Elmer Fudd, Yosemite Sam, and Bluto, who seemed to know what they were doing. Still, pulling for Tom was a losing proposition because Jerry won in almost all of the cartoons. I guess Tom could never have a complete victory because then he'd eat Jerry and it would all be over. However, I do recall a few cartoons when Tom came out ahead or at least broke even. Then there were the later Saturday morning cartoons where Tom and Jerry were friends and had adventures as a team.
  11. Jerry Who can resist a cute little mouse?? Jerry has always been the fav for me. Tom is just a little too mean to me.
  12. Labyrinth Fairy

Labyrinth Fairy New Member

er........
    jerry when I was little
    tom and jerry now
  13. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

There were indeed a few, which I always relished. :) One Tom came out ahead at the end of was "The dancing mouse" where Jerry kept making himself appear as a white mouse. Tom had a terrible time the whole episode but emerged the victor at the very end. But one episode that was all bad for Jerry was "Mouse in Manhattan". While Tom sleeps, Jerry moves to Manhattan but it turns out a nightmare for him, especially the hungry alley cats that pursue him near the end. The only thing bad that happened to Tom is Jerry kissed him several times on the mouth when he returned home. Ugh! :p
  14. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

Um, Jerry.

Mainly b/c i'm a little devil myself.

BTW, ya don't wish to see me angry. :D

BJ
  15. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I see on youtube there are some classic Tom and Jerry cartoons, including this one I love so much - "Trap Happy". Great to get to see it anytime now. But the person who submitted it just called it "tom and jerry". It's the 15th entry on page 2 if you put Tom and Jerry in the search box. Watch it. It's great! Only downside is that the darn mouse successfully outsmarts TWO cats throughout it all! :(
  16. Bill Bubble Guy

Bill Bubble Guy Active Member

Tom is of course the nominal villian of these cartoons though as it's been pointed out he doesn't fit the description entirely. Neither does Jerry always appear as the good guy though I think the subtil gag is we're meant to root for the mouse no matter how he provokes the cat because of stereotypes.;)

That's why I always sympathized with Jerry whenever Tom won but at least he never actually ever ate him. But I have a book that speaks of them as being true friends at heart. They were only "actors" playing "roles";)

And it also speaks of those newer Sat morning cartoons saying they had always been friends off screen and in this made for tv series they were friends also but it didn't last long because their loyal fans were never really able to adapt to them as a non-feuding buddy team.:)

So anyway my vote is for Jerry because I've always been sympathetically attuned to his character. I just allowed myself to be brainwashed by the whole subtil presentation I mentioned before LOL
  17. Tonichelle

Tonichelle New Member

I'm gonna vote for the mouse... Jerry's just too cute
  18. Ilikemuppets

Ilikemuppets New Member

I like Tom because he has an awesome scream.