Tom or Jerry?

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I do not like either one. That show is a bit too violent for my taste. I do, however, like the singing group - and my favorite is Tom!
Erin

Ziffel

Reaction score
It's Tom AND Jerry. :smile: Tom and Jerry is one of my 2 favorite all time cartoons (The Flintstones is the other). I love the Fred Quimby MGM ones from the 40's and 50's the best. The Chuck Jones ones from the 60's were ok. I love the golf and tennis ones ("Tee For Two" and "Tennis Chumps") and many others.
And I give another vote for Tom. Tom Cat is one cool cat. I liked it when he got some victories over Jerry. Like in that pool game one, Tom was getting Jerry the entire first half with things like shooting the pool balls to run over Jerry. Then Jerry turned the tables (no pun intended) and poor Tom was getting dogged (like when he swallowed all those pool balls).
I also had a lot of fun with the old Dell Tom and Jerry comic books.
By the way, anyone recall Spike the bulldog? I thought he was a funny character. And that's another reason for voting for Tom over Jerry -> Jerry would frequently do things to Spike and then make it appear that Tom did it so that Spike would beat Tom to a pulp. You mean mouse! Keeheehee

Beauregard

Reaction score
Tom 6
Jerry 1

Yey!!! Yup, that mouse was one mean cat...er...mouse...

Yes, the bulldog was hilarious! But who was that white lady Cat? And was it really politically correct to have that black servant all the time?

Ziffel

Reaction score
Yes it's nice to see Tom is getting a BIG victoy over Jerry in this thread!
The lady white cat is one of Tom's girlfriends. She looked quite pretty with that lipstick! :flirt: Tom was quite the casanova. (In fact, there was even an episode titled, 'Casanova Cat').
And interesting about the black servant is that I read some user comments about the Tom and Jerry dvds at amazon who were upset that the dvds edited out some of those scenes. I can see the point about how complete shows are always nice to have and that this was the reality of the times back then. On the other hand, I think some of that stuff was unfortunate and editing it out doesn't really take away from the enjoyment of the good ol' cat and mouse hijinks.
Ooh and I just remembered that T&J had several episodes that won Academy awards for best cartoon. One was the extremely enjoyable and well done piano concert one. Tom and Jerry really battled back and forth in this one. And was brilliant how they incorporated the classic music throughout.
And one of my all time faves : "Trap Happy." Tom and that dark black cat team together to try and catch Jerry. Lots of great scenes. :smile:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Jerry is evil, but I dont want him to die ( I have a hamster here and its just something about rodents I like )

Oh, and the hamster talks to me. He's going to type something right now:
nickisstupid
Obviously, the hamster thinks I'm a genius!

So I say: Go Tom, But Dont Kill Jerry.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Sorry everyone but I'm a Jerry Fan all the way. The reason I don't like Tom is not so much because he was mean. But sometimes he would just act like a total IDIOT! So he brought a lot of the bad on himself. Whether it was Jerry's fault or not.

Xerus

Reaction score
There were times that Tom acted like a total jerk to Jerry and to Jerry's loved ones. And there were also times I felt sorry for Tom, like how his owners forced him to catch that mouse with no success and the owners punished Tom for that.

It seems like cartoon cats always get the short end. Getting made fools of by mice, fish, and birds and getting beat up by vicious dogs.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
wow i read all of these answers and man i think with me anyway it depends on the cartoon which one i like and which one i dont i think they are both to funny and one with out the other just wont do. i hate when they taked in there movie tom and jerry movie. but ohh well. i love spike and his son now thouse are fun and i like seeing tom and jerry sometimes joining forcres. when they get together lol they can do a lot of damage

Effralyo

Reaction score
Tom...

Just because I liked him before and was ready to suffocate all those white kitties he used to be hooked up with. Glark!