Tom or Jerry?

F

furryredmonster

Jerry Who can resist a cute little mouse?? Jerry has always been the fav for me. Tom is just a little too mean to me.

Ziffel

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
However, I do recall a few cartoons when Tom came out ahead or at least broke even.
There were indeed a few, which I always relished. :smile: One Tom came out ahead at the end of was "The dancing mouse" where Jerry kept making himself appear as a white mouse. Tom had a terrible time the whole episode but emerged the victor at the very end. But one episode that was all bad for Jerry was "Mouse in Manhattan". While Tom sleeps, Jerry moves to Manhattan but it turns out a nightmare for him, especially the hungry alley cats that pursue him near the end. The only thing bad that happened to Tom is Jerry kissed him several times on the mouth when he returned home. Ugh! :stick_out_tongue:

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Um, Jerry.

Mainly b/c i'm a little devil myself.

BTW, ya don't wish to see me angry. :big_grin:

BJ

Ziffel

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
And one of my all time faves : "Trap Happy." Tom and that dark black cat team together to try and catch Jerry. Lots of great scenes. :smile:
I see on youtube there are some classic Tom and Jerry cartoons, including this one I love so much - "Trap Happy". Great to get to see it anytime now. But the person who submitted it just called it "tom and jerry". It's the 15th entry on page 2 if you put Tom and Jerry in the search box. Watch it. It's great! Only downside is that the darn mouse successfully outsmarts TWO cats throughout it all! :frown:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Tom is of course the nominal villian of these cartoons though as it's been pointed out he doesn't fit the description entirely. Neither does Jerry always appear as the good guy though I think the subtil gag is we're meant to root for the mouse no matter how he provokes the cat because of stereotypes.:wink:

That's why I always sympathized with Jerry whenever Tom won but at least he never actually ever ate him. But I have a book that speaks of them as being true friends at heart. They were only "actors" playing "roles":wink:

And it also speaks of those newer Sat morning cartoons saying they had always been friends off screen and in this made for tv series they were friends also but it didn't last long because their loyal fans were never really able to adapt to them as a non-feuding buddy team.:smile:

So anyway my vote is for Jerry because I've always been sympathetically attuned to his character. I just allowed myself to be brainwashed by the whole subtil presentation I mentioned before LOL

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but my mom and I just happened to have been talking about this last night, and well, we both agree that Tom is better. I can't say I dislike Jerry, he's certainly quite charming, but I feel really bad for Tom. All he's doing is trying to follow his owner's orders, and keep the house from falling apart, but Jerry shows up just to make his life terrible.