Took forever, but I finally found some good news!

Drtooth

Reaction score
YAY! WOOHOOO! YEAH! ARRIGHT! SUGOI! YAHOO! YIPPY SKIPPY!

Why am I so happy? My PBS station FINALLY stopped showing Teletubbies! YEAH! RIGHT ON! And I have Sid the Science kid and Martha Speaks to thank for that! I am SOOOO HAPPY right now!

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Cool! I hope my PBS stations did the same. Though, it doesn't matter since I only watch PBS for Sesame Street, with the occasional Between the Lions and Fetch with Ruff Ruffman (which is pretty funny).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My PBS stopped playing Teletubbies YEARS ago! The last I saw them on my PBS was like 2003 or so!

Drtooth

Reaction score
My PBS stopped playing Teletubbies YEARS ago! The last I saw them on my PBS was like 2003 or so!
PBS stations varied. Barney, unfortunately is still on like 3 times a day... but oddly enough, 2 times in 3 half hour slots...on the same channel to boot.

Let me explain (yeah... that's my new thing and I don't expect anyone to get it)... Teletubbies was only popular about 2 years after it's introduction to the US... and mainly due to a certain false profit (not going into it). But it's been dead weight for years. I still fail to find the educational content of that show. I really do.

And I'm just so depressed finding out that Trillian was a voice over for it.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Agreed. The show has indeed been dead weight for years.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I have to pay more attention next time! But I agree and think that lot of stuff was just dead weight...

and Fetch with Ruff Ruffman (which is pretty funny).
Yeah! I think that show is pretty funny as well!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
All that's left to make extinct is Barney, as I said before.
I could care less if that goes or not at this point. But I am suprised and perplexed that is is still on the air after all this time. :confused:

wwfpooh

Reaction score
But I am suprised and perplexed that is is still on the air after all this time. :confused:
Same. There was no real purpose in a show involving a people dinosaur singing tired old songs that everybody, their grandparents, and their dog already knows.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I remember when he used to air on Disney a long time ago. I thought of it to be weird back than.