Top 5 people you'd like to meet in heaven

dabauckham

Reaction score
So,

Regardless of whether or not you believe in heaven I was curious to see what 5 people who are no longer with us you would most like to meet. I had a very interesting discussion with someone about this the other day. My rules are that you can't pick more than 3 people associated with the JHC, just so we can see some of the variety of people.

For me, my five are (not in ranking order, that's too hard):

Jim Henson
John Lennon
Malcolm X
Buddha
Shel Silverstein

I'm sure I could think of a ton more, but there you go.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Buddha in Heaven? That's... interesting.

There's a lot of people I'd like to meet in Heaven, the problem is I don't know for sure whether they'd be there in case they weren't Christian (or any other form of religion that ensures the soul will be present with the Lord at the time they die), BUT here's a list of people I hope to meet in Heaven...

1. Jim Henson
2. Elizabeth Montgomery
3. Eddie Albert
4. Dick York
5. McLean Stevenson and Larry Linville

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Jim Henson
Jerry Juhl
Richard Hunt
Charles Schulz
John F. Kennedy

dabauckham

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Buddha in Heaven? That's... interesting.

There's a lot of people I'd like to meet in Heaven, the problem is I don't know for sure whether they'd be there in case they weren't Christian (or any other form of religion that ensures the soul will be present with the Lord at the time they die)
Perhaps I should have simply said "in the afterlife" rather than heaven. I didn't mean to make it a denomination-specific post. It's more just, you know, who you'd like to meet that is no longer with us here on earth.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah it's not really our place to judge who will be there. And personally I don't think it has anything to do with your religion, it's the kind of person you were. But this thread isn't the place to discuss that so anyway,

My older relatives
George Harrison
Richard Hunt
Roddy McDowell

D'Snowth

Reaction score
dabauckham said:
Perhaps I should have simply said "in the afterlife" rather than heaven. I didn't mean to make it a denomination-specific post. It's more just, you know, who you'd like to meet that is no longer with us here on earth.
I'm afraid you'd still get the same sort of response out of me, I'm a very spiritually-oriented person.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Let's see, five people I'd like to meet in heaven, apart from God, Jesus and the Virgin Mary:

Jim Henson
Richard Hunt
George Harrison
Anastasia Romanov
Katherine Graham (publisher of the Washington Post during the Watergate years)

BEAR

Reaction score
Tough one, but I'll have to go with...

My grandfather
Jim Henson
John Denver
Jerry Juhl
Will Lee

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Well, I guess I give it a go:

My grandpa,
Bob Hope,
Harry Truman,
Elvis,
Jim Henson

Kiki

Reaction score
In no particualr order:

Jim Hesnon- My hero, of coarse, and even if he is dead I feel so close to him.
Richard Hunt- Well! Firstly, I'm a RHLCer, secondly, he's one of my fave muppeteers, and I just think he's plain hilarious.
John Lennon- He was a great musician, one of my fave member of The Beatles, a funny artist, and just wanted to give peace a chance.
Jim Morrison- He's from one of my all-time favorite bands (The Doors) and he's *such* a wild child... ya gotta love him!
Jimi Hendrix- Guitar on fire. 'Nuff said!
George Harrison- Oh, he was a great Beatle. And his music is great. Once of the best guitarists I know of.
Walt Disney- I loved his work. And his characters. He was just a fantastic cartoonist.
Audrey Hephern- Awesome actress, I think she's great!
Marilyn Monroe- She was a great actress, and an American icon.
Eren Ozker- One of my fave female muppeteers (along w/ Fran Brill). I think she was under-rated by some, cause she wasn't with the muppets that long. I thought she was really talented, while she lasted with them.
Charles Schulz- I love Peanuts. ^^
Katharine Hephern- Once again a fantastic actress. Plus, I was named after her.
Jerry Juhl- He was great, and he helps the Muppets heaps.
Edger Bergan- I loved him on TMS, and he's an incredible ventriliqist!

Ok, ok. I know that's a little more than *five* people, but I wanted to menchion all of 'em! :wink: :sympathy: