Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Reevz1977

Reaction score
I really hate it when people call Kermit "Mr Green head, flipper feet"...it's never actually happened yet but it would REALLY annoy me!:mad:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, it's amusing how some people have the knowledge enough to know that characters like Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie and Bert, Cookie Monster, etc are Muppets as well, just separate from the other Muppets, then there are some people out there who think they are all one and the same, like David Hyde Pierce saying his favorite character is "Animal from Sesame Street" or someone talking about "That Cookie Monster from The Muppet Show", etc. THEN some people say the characters from SST are NOT Muppets at all, which there seems to be more and more of in recent years.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Yeah, it's amusing how some people have the knowledge enough to know that characters like Big Bird, Elmo, Ernie and Bert, Cookie Monster, etc are Muppets as well, just separate from the other Muppets, then there are some people out there who think they are all one and the same, like David Hyde Pierce saying his favorite character is "Animal from Sesame Street" or someone talking about "That Cookie Monster from The Muppet Show", etc. THEN some people say the characters from SST are NOT Muppets at all, which there seems to be more and more of in recent years.
I have just lost all respect for David Hyde Pierece.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I also know that now, because of legal issues, we're not supposed to refer to characters outside of the Classic Muppets owned by Disney as "Muppets" (with the exception of the SST Muppets for obvious reasons), but I still say if they're associated with Jim or his company, they are always "Muppets" to me, as opposed to "The Jim Henson Company Puppets".

bandit

Reaction score
I'm with you. If it is associated with Jim Henson, then I'm calling it a Muppet. It's HIS word and HIS work so there.
Even S.S. and Fraggles!

Hubert

Reaction score
Often times even though I know this, I will tell people that this character is from Sesame Street, not the Muppets, for the reason that from experience I've found that explaining that he is a Muppet, but not the same kind of Muppet just makes people more confused about the Muppets. It's easier on their brain to just make them two separate things.

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
Friends at school are always talking about how I'm obsessed with Sesame Street, and other kiddy shows. Though i do like SS, I favor the Muppets more. Even though I explain that now SS and the Muppets are technically different, they still make fun of the fact that I like puppets. :rolleyes: