1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

One wonders if they even know who Jason Segal is. Okay, I can understand that. Up until "The Muppets" I had no idea who he was.
  2. Mo Frackle

Oh my. Looking at comments from the "Man or Muppet" video, and I'm seeing a handful of "I'm only watching this for Sheldon! XD!" comments. Now I love Jim Parsons as much as the next clown, but come on! It's the Muppets!
  3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

As I've said before, he and he alone is why everybody loves that song. Without him, that song probably would have fell flat, and it wouldn't have been as memorable as it was.
  4. Mo Frackle

Yeah, that's a really good point. But my point is that people say that's the only reason why they wanted to see the movie itself.
  5. D'Snowth

Sad. Just sad.
  6. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I think that was the only reason it won an Academy Award to be honest. I know when I first saw it I could hear people in the theater gasp when they saw Jim Parsons. I'm thinking really people??? And while I did enjoy the song Man or Muppet I didn't love it to death. I felt like if any song in the film deserved an Academy Award it was "Pictures in my Head." I just think it's sad it took this long for the Muppets to actually win an Academy Award. :/
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  7. Mo Frackle

I kind of thought "Life's a Happy Song" deserved the Oscar.
  8. Pinkflower7783

That song as well. I was honestly surprised that that wasn't one of the songs nominated. But I guess it was TOO happy. :p
  9. Mo Frackle

The thing is, when you look at it, "Life's a Happy Song" is sort of like a parody of those cheesy opening numbers from cheesy musicals.
  10. D'Snowth

When I saw the movie in the theater, that actually was the biggest laugh the movie got, as soon as we saw Jim Parsons, everybody started laughing, and whooping, and clapping, etc.

But as I've said in my previous reviews, I didn't think the songs in this movie were the best: Muppet movies tend to have really great songs throughout, but somehow, the songs seemed somewhat weak, and slightly sappy in this one. "Me Party/Party of One" made me cringe, honestly.
  11. Pinkflower7783

Well it was the theme song of the movie to be honest so to me that was an obvious choice for it to be nominated but I just felt Picture's in my Head out of all of them should've been nominated but...ehh I'm just thankful 35 years later The Muppets finally won something. I just wish they had won when Jim was alive. But then again I never really like half the time who the Academy nominates anyways so for once it's about time they did something right. :p
  12. Pinkflower7783

I loved the songs in the film but I just felt Man or Muppet was not really worth being nominated for. That really was one of my least favorite songs. If anything I was more disappointed the score wasn't included in the soundtrack. The score was the reason I started crying towards the end of the film.

EDIT- There were people who laughed at a lot of parts in the movie at least the two times I went. I know the scene when Piggy tells Kermit they've kidnapped Jack Black got a lot of laughs cause Kermit sort of has one his freak out moments.
    muppetfan24/7 and Mo Frackle like this.
  13. Mo Frackle

I really wish the score would get a release.
    muppetfan24/7 and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  14. Pinkflower7783

I can also say I didn't know who he was either and I don't watch "How I Met Your Mother" so...but that comment was made obviously after the film had already come out so they should've at least known how to spell his last time. :/
  15. Pinkflower7783

"Omg you can see Kermit's puppet stick!"
  16. Mo Frackle

Yes, becuase Kermit, like all Muppets, are brought to life with help of a talented stick. I believe his current stick is often named Steve.
    JimAndFrank likes this.
  17. Pinkflower7783

I think the person was traumatized to be honest.
  18. Mo Frackle

Were they perhaps referring to one of his arm rods?
  19. Pinkflower7783

Yes they were...but they called it a puppet stick not a puppet rod. But the way it was worded you would've thought the biggest disaster in history occurred because you can see Kermit's puppet rod.
  20. Mo Frackle

Sure. The rods used to show all the time. Up until MFS, to be exact, when the rods were digitally removed.