1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

I literally just read it this morning. It came from TMS episode with Loretta Swit and she's trying to get Kermit and Piggy to make up after the big blow up of her printing in the paper they got married in Vegas and when she says "Let's all sing a nice warm together song" and Kermit says "I hate sappy songs like that." Someone wondered if he was a twin but then was like I know Kermit doesn't have a twin but he's sung Rainbow Connection before. I'm thinking *face palm.* As you can tell most of the comment didn't make sense.
  2. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Active Member

Well, he could have just said that since he was still upset with Piggy. Probably his anger talking.
  3. Pinkflower7783

Well yes but that still doesn't merit Kermit having a twin. :p
  4. Piggy The Frog

Piggy The Frog Well-Known Member

I know Kermit has about 3000 siblings, but there's never been any mention of a twin. Your explanation makes sense, Daffyfan2003.
  5. snichols1973

snichols1973 Well-Known Member

http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/threads/when-a-muppet-says.50212/page-1

:): Thank you, thank you...Fozzie, this is not going to work!
    :o: Just read off the page frog!
    :): Lagies and genklefins..."Lagies and genklefins"?!
    :o: Let's see
    :): That's what it says, "Lagies and Genklefins..."
    :o: Alright, so my typing is bad.
    :): Lagies and Genklefins...welcone again tie the Muppel Shocks. My name is Kermit the Forg..."the Forg"?!
    :o: Come on, pick up the pace, here we go...
    :): and our spegial guest stap is the amazing Hapry Belaf-that's Harry Belafonte, folks!
    :o: Kermit, your timing must be off...you should be getting big laughs with that stuff!
    :): Aaaaghhh...(chases Fozzie offstage)
  6. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I saw this part on YouTube again and it was hilarious. Oh by the way, my typing can be bad too sometimes. No offense for the bear, but that bad grammar can happen to me too.

If somebody said, "Is that Kermit the forg?" I would respond, "It's Kermit the "frog", f-r-o-g, okay kid?"
  7. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

Kermit needed you to talk to the guy at the T-Shirt shop!
  8. PanthraDion

PanthraDion Well-Known Member

Regarding the Ben Folds Five video with the Fraggles, when I was reading the comments someone said "I like the little green guy on the drums" in reference to Wembley. Grrr!!!!! His name is Wembley Fraggle people out there! Not "little green guy"!
  9. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

In that someone's defense, FR was not as widely seen as other Muppet productions: it's first run was on HBO, back when cable was still relatively new, and not a lot of people had it; also, FR hasn't gotten a whole lot of love in reruns, so to this day, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people still haven't seen it, unless they're Muppet Freaks like us.
  10. Pinkflower7783

Someone asking if they cut a hole in the horse Piggy rides on in the John Denver Rocky Mountain Holiday. >< I can only hope they were just kidding. :/
  11. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

On an "It's Not Easy Bein' Green" video, someone had the nerve to comment, "Glee brought me here". Needless to say, it got a lot of downvotes.
    beatnikchick300 likes this.
  12. Pinkflower7783

I've seen those comments. Oi!
  13. snichols1973

In KSY (Kermit's Swamp Years), Kermit observes that "Sometimes if I listen real close, I swear I can hear a voice calling my name."
    Croaker: "Yeah, voices, huh?"
    :):"Yeah, sort of like this...
    [speaking with hands over his mouth:] 'Kermit! [followed by a indistinctly muffled 'Kermit!' ] "
    Goggles: "Who's Herman?"
    :): "The voice says 'Kermit!' "
  14. snichols1973

Even if Kermit was never born, Robin would still come into the world due to one of the other frog brothers or sisters...

In KSY, Kermit's mother asks him to set the table for his brothers and sisters, who would most likely still be in existence long enough to bring about Robin, even though this idea seems rather hypothetical...
  15. D'Snowth

Gah! I hate those comments! Not necessarily Glee (I haven't come across those yet luckily), but like "Family Guy brought me here!" You obviously don't get out much if you have to find out something exists through Family Guy.
  16. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Yes. Videos for "Shipoopi" and "Road to Morocco" sadly mostly consist of "Family Guy brought me here!!!! lolz!!!!"

Good grief!
  17. D'Snowth

Even The Great Space Coaster videos are FULL of those FG comments... unfortunately, that is somewhat justifiable, considering GSC is rather obscure, and not too many do know about it unless they watched it during its first-run in syndication, or they're really emersed into puppetry.
  18. Pinkflower7783

Don't throw my Muppets in the same category as Family Guy!!
  19. Pinkflower7783

"Jason Spiegel helped being the Muppets back."
  20. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Those users with bad grammaer can't spell correctly.

1. Jason's last name is "S-e-g-a-l"
    2. The sentence should be: Jason Segal helped bring the Muppets back."

Did they take an Emglsh class? Good grief!