1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

His expression might have had something to do with it, was he happy and smiling or was it the 'tater with 'tude picture that is normally seen on Toy Story associated Potato Head merchandise? :confused:
  2. beakerboy12

beakerboy12 Well-Known Member

I was just on another site where they take quizzes and polls, and I found a poll titled "Who's ur favorie muppet's character" (ignore the spelling the creator made) had choices including The Swiss Chef!

The Swiss Chef!

:) - Think about this friends!
  3. HeyButtahfly

HeyButtahfly Well-Known Member

I just remembered last night that when I was a kid, my mom told me that Crazy Harry's name was Willie-Go-Boom.
    Vincent Liu likes this.
  4. GarlicGuy

GarlicGuy New Member

That reminds me, I was reading It's Hard out Here for a Shrimp in then my sisters friend came up to and was all like, "Does that say PEEPEE?" Jeez...:rolleyes:
  5. Daffyfan2003

Daffyfan2003 Well-Known Member

Okay. I got one. My mom has believed that Frank Oz has performed Kermit at least after Henson's death. Crazy, huh?

That could be why it was referenced in IVAMCM.
  6. MeepMeepBork

MeepMeepBork Member

A friend of mine thought Jim Henson performed ALL of the Muppets. Not really annoying, just sort of amusing.
  7. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Not many people know, Jim had eight hundred arms.
    JimAndFrank likes this.
  8. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

So... do you pronounce it Peppy or Paypay? I know Peppy is prefered, but isn't Paypay technically correct, as that's the Spanish pronunciation? I've been known to refer to him as both.

I hate to be one of those schmucks that pronounce foreign words and names with a bad accent, but I once heard the host of a food show pronounce "Churros con Chok'lit" and that has always struck a nerve with me as icky sounding.
  9. GarlicGuy

GarlicGuy New Member

I always pronounced it like Pe-pay....
  10. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

You're all gonna wanna smack me, but for the longest time I thought Scooter's name was Weezer :o
  11. GarlicGuy

GarlicGuy New Member

O_O wow.
  12. LinkiePie<3

LinkiePie<3 Well-Known Member

I was playing a Muppet trivia game, not too long ago....and the one of the poll facts said Janice was portrayed by Frank Oz...O__o :p
  13. The Count

The Count Moderator Staff Member

Some instances that irk me since I have to spot these as the moderator in charge of approving new members to the forums...

animal, without capitalization.
    Er, do you mean Animal?
    Or some particular animal Muppet?

Just found the second new member to list bluto as their favorite Henson character.
    Again, capitalize proper names of people places or things.
    Also, Bluto is Popeye's antagonistic foil... Ludo is the big yeti-like monster from Labyrinth.
    :grouchy:
  14. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Was it on www.funtrivia.com? If so, I think that's the same one I took a few weeks ago. At least (one the one I'm thinking of, at least) it was something in between questions, not actually the answer to a question.
  15. Drtooth

I don't know about anyone else. but I've been having trouble with this stupid new keyboard I got a while back. Sometimes the lousy shift key won't work right. Sometimes things are slightly to the left of where they should be.

And I've noticed a LOT of people with capitalization problems in their posts. Sometimes it's not something on purpose as it is an accident.
  16. Chuchu

Chuchu New Member

Mine usually pop up in youtube comments, so:
    1."Man, Lips is good!" or " I love Janet's voice"
    2. "Monster's the best!"
    3. Remember that girl whatnot in "Rama Lama Ding Dong"? Somebody thought it was Ms. Piggy.
    No offense if anyone here wrote these comments, although I doubt it.
  17. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

Okay, I guess I'll admit it:

I used to often call Sweetums "Snookums" by mistake.

*gasp*
  18. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

I got one for you...

I've been working on an exhibit about Sesame Street for our library. One of the things I built was a 3D Baker. He's in mid-fall, the 10 chocolate cakes are splattered everywhere on the stairs, there's printouts of the numbers on the stairs with a huge 10 at the top of the stairs. Who else could it be but the baker?

One of my co-workers got it right away. "I remember him! The baker guy who kept falling down the stairs!"

So, another co-worker comes up to us and sees the 3D baker.

"That's cool."

"Do you remember the baker on Sesame Street?" asks the co-worker who got the reference.

"Yeah."

"So what did the baker on Sesame Street always do?"

"I remember! He goes 'bork, b-bork, b-bork, bork. Right?"
    :rolleyes:

Convincing John
  19. CountFan1998

CountFan1998 Active Member

Also called Brutus in the original comics and some cartoons

tom-AY-toe, tom-AH-toe... Whatever...:D

GREAT SCOTT, MARTY! 1.21 GIGWATTS! -Doc Brown
    Am I weird, or is it you? Maybe it's you...
  20. Drtooth

Bluto and Brutus are actually 2 different characters. And it's a very long, involved, and silly story as to why...