1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Top Annoying Misnaming People Do

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by beaker, Dec 16, 2009.

1. Lil0Vampy

Lil0Vampy Member

XP I was surprised too. But almost everyone my age (13, 14, 15) says "Pepe! And Animal C:"

Today, I was talking about Sesame Street with someone. I mentioned that Grover is one of my favorites, and all I got was "...Who's Grover? The green one?" DXX UGH I wanted to facepalm!
  2. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

i gotta say one thing that i find annoying is how every Frog puppet has to be kermit even if it looks nothing like him
  3. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

My dad and I were playing some quizzes last night, and we ended up coming across a few Muppet ones, including a quiz just about the Electric Mayhem. I can't believe that they actually said (not as an answer, but as a fun fact in between questions) that Janice was performed by Frank Oz. :p
  4. Gelfling Girl

This one isn't so much "Muppets" as "Classic Rock", but at a program some other teens and I were watching and voting on some Youtube viral videos, and my submission to the contest was the BoRhap video. Over half of them there admitted that they watched the Muppet movies as a kid, but only one boy and I knew the song. :p
  5. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Active Member

That's kind of funny cause just eariler today I was thinking about something like that too. I was thinking about how when I was young I honestly thought Muppet Christmas Carol and Treasure Island were original Muppet movies, :). Course now I know better,
  6. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

Aren't they? They were movies originated by the Muppets, making them Muppet originals. ;)
  7. There is something that annoys me, but I'm afraid I'm on the losing side of the debate. I don't understand why the Sesame Street Martians are called the Yip-Yips. Well, I understand it, but I think it's wrong. My argument is that I think the martians are saying "yep" and not "yip". Whenever they are affirming something they say "yep" and "uh-huh", and when they find that they are wrong they say "nope" and "uh-uh". Unfortunately, the name Yip-Yips has already been well established. That's even what they are called on the Sesame Street website. However, when they are actually being quoted, as in the recent 40th anniversary book, I want to see it written as "yep"!

Any thoughts? Am I the only one who cares?
  8. JaniceFerSure

JaniceFerSure Active Member

This is one that tops the list for me.
  9. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

A comment on The Muppet Studio YouTube page has a person, with a picture of Animal as their avatar no less, saying that thier favorite Muppet was 'Ganzo'. :concern:
  10. LamangoNumber2

LamangoNumber2 Active Member

Yeah, I hate when people misspell Gobo Fraggle's name too, or...Gogo.
  11. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

That happened to me too. Some little kid thought I was wearing an Elmo shirt once. Wanna hear the worst part? Not only wasn't it Elmo, it wasn't even a Muppet completely. It was Mr. Potatohead from Toy Story.
  12. Gelfling Girl

My mom constantly mixing up Mokey and Cantus. :p
  13. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Active Member

This stuff never really bothered me

Obviously I know the difference between Sesame Street and Muppets, Fozzie not Fonzie, the names of "those old guys from The Muppet Show, etc, but not everyone is as big of a fan as us, and that's fine

I can see how these things like names and such can easily get mixed up for someone who's not a big fan
  14. This one's a little weird but....
    My little brother thought scooter was a girl ;)
  15. Super Scooter

Super Scooter New Member

He's not?

Actually, this is an arguement settled on Muppet Wiki long ago. The characters are listed on the Wiki as "The Martians." The discussion for that is found here: http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:The_Martians
  16. ZeppoAndFriends

ZeppoAndFriends Well-Known Member

Now that IS bad.
  17. Rax

Rax New Member

On the Dutch Sesamstraat site there's a FAQ section with 14 questions. One of them being "How do I tell Grover and Cookie Monster apart?"

Come on, how the heck can THAT be a FAQ?

:insatiable: :super:

Gr, Rax
  18. Gelfling Girl

Maybe he was thinking of Skeeter?
  19. i don't think he knows who Skeeter is and i don't think hes ever seen Muppet Babies either.
  20. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Considering I stumbled upon seeing it at Kohls thinking it was an Ernie face shirt... it was orange and had big eyes... and it was completely folded over and I saw it out of the corner of my eye.

But still... you'd think a little kid could recognize a Toy Story character, especially since the movie was out.