Toy Story 3

Mupp

Reaction score
Actually Super Scooter, it was NOT Sid who took Lotso. It was another garbage man.The toys got back to Andy's by riding in Sid's garbage truck.

By the way;

Guys, how do you know that Tangled is supposed to be like Shrek?

Many times a film is marketed a certain way just to attraction people. When in reality the film itself has a totally different feel.
Most of us have no doubt heard the pop music in the trailer; That song will most likely NOT be in the film. They are trying to appeal to boys.

From what I have heard is the film NOT supposed to be a parody.

Also, I'm sorry but it is low, REALLY LOW to want Tangled to fail.

Disney Animation is currently planning to make BOTH CGI and hand-drawn films. (a hand-drawn Winnie-the-Pooh film is coming up) The STORY is the most important thing, NOT the animation method.

If is unfair to expect Disney Animation to make ONLY hand-drawn films. That would be imposing a certain technology on the studio. Walt Disney was a fan of innovation.

If I may be so bold, disliking a film becuase of the animation method is very similar to disliking someone because of their skin color....

..And no, I DO NOT have a racial agenda with that statement, so please don't accuse me of that like some idiot on a blog once did when I brought up that same example.

For the record, I do have some worries about Tangled, but I want to support the new management of Disney Animation, so I am going to give the film a shot.

How will we ever know if Disney is making good animated films if we don't give them a chance?

Bolt was good (executive produced by John Lasseter)

The Princess and the Frog was good (executive produced by John Lasseter)

Heck, even the 2007 film Meet the Robinsons was pretty good. (It was executive produced by John Lasseter. Though from what I hear, he came aboard the project late, but they still got Pixar's "brain trust" advice on the film)

John Lasseter will be executive producing Tangled as well. He has no doubt given his input on the film, and since it doesn't come out until November, they are most likely still working on it.

To be successful films need to have a good story. That's all there is to it. There needs to be a balance. A film needs to have humor, but also emotion and heart.

Hopefully Tangled will have those qualities.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Actually Super Scooter, it was NOT Sid who took Lotso. It was another garbage man.The toys got back to Andy's by riding in Sid's garbage truck.

By the way;

Guys, how do you know that Tangled is supposed to be like Shrek?

Many times a film is marketed a certain way just to attraction people. When in reality the film itself has a totally different feel.
Most of us have no doubt heard the pop music in the trailer; That song will most likely NOT be in the film. They are trying to appeal to boys.

From what I have heard is the film NOT supposed to be a parody.

Also, I'm sorry but it is low, REALLY LOW to want Tangled to fail.

Disney Animation is currently planning to make BOTH CGI and hand-drawn films. (a hand-drawn Winnie-the-Pooh film is coming up) The STORY is the most important thing, NOT the animation method.

If is unfair to expect Disney Animation to make ONLY hand-drawn films. That would be imposing a certain technology on the studio. Walt Disney was a fan of innovation.

If I may be so bold, disliking a film becuase of the animation method is very similar to disliking someone because of their skin color....

..And no, I DO NOT have a racial agenda with that statement, so please don't accuse me of that like some idiot on a blog once did when I brought up that same example.

For the record, I do have some worries about Tangled, but I want to support the new management of Disney Animation, so I am going to give the film a shot.

How will we ever know if Disney is making good animated films if we don't give them a chance?

Bolt was good (executive produced by John Lasseter)

The Princess and the Frog was good (executive produced by John Lasseter)

Heck, even the 2007 film Meet the Robinsons was pretty good. (It was executive produced by John Lasseter. Though from what I hear, he came aboard the project late, but they still got Pixar's "brain trust" advice on the film)

John Lasseter will be executive producing Tangled as well. He has no doubt given his input on the film, and since it doesn't come out until November, they are most likely still working on it.

To be successful films need to have a good story. That's all there is to it. There needs to be a balance. A film needs to have humor, but also emotion and heart.

Hopefully Tangled will have those qualities.
I was about to say that about Sid not being the one to take Lotso. Lotso is suppose to be an old toy (judging from that fake commerical probably early 80s, which I suppose is old to toys) and Sid would of been to young to own one.

As for Tangled, well if those comments are directed to me at least somewhat, I have to be honest, I'm a little annoyed as I've already explain my thoughts on Tangled and 3D animation. I'm a HUGE fan of all areas of animation and yes that includes 3d CGI. I also said that I too am willing to give Tangled a chance and I made the comment of "I hope it doesn't do better than Princess and the Frog." So that way, most animation companies will STOP thinking that a good animated movie HAS to be CGI, which isn't the case. As for Tangled looking like Shrek...well...DrTooth ALREADY explained that one (and by the way he didn't say it was SUPPOSE to be like Shrek, he just said it seems very "Shrek like."). But AGAIN I DON'T HATE CGI ANIMATION, there is just simply too much of it right now and hand drawn 2D animation has taken a HUGE back seat to it. It's great that Disney is getting back to 2D animation, but look HOW LONG it took them. I don't recall myself nor anyone else saying "Disney needs to ONLY do hand drawn animation" that's YOU MUPP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS (which by the way is pretty annoying and a bit down right rude on your part).

And NO saying you don't like a certain type of animation (which again I DID NOT SAY I DIDN'T LIKE) IS NOT the same as saying you dislike someone because of their skin color. Put it this way, if you told me you didn't like Hip Hop music, you probably wouldn't like it if someone said you didn't like it cause you're racist, would you?

I don't know where everyone is getting this "we don't like CGI animated movies" nonsense just because some of us have our doubts about Tangled and express how there hasn't been a lot of hand drawn 2D animated movies as of late? I don't see the connection. People on the "Pixar takes a look at new Muppet Movie" (probably didn't get the excat name right) mention that they hope that doesn't mean the "new Muppet movie will be in CGI?" Does that mean those Muppet fans "hate CGI animation?" I don't think so. If you actually read my posts you'll see that I parise Toy Story and just ALL OF PIXAR FILMS (yes even Cars cause although I said I feel that's the weakest Pixar movie, it's still pretty good) and some of Dreamworks' movies such as Over the Hedge and Kung Fu Panda (haven't seen "How to Train Your Dragon" but I hear good things). So excatly where this "those guys HATE CGI animation" crap is beyond me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As for Tangled, well if those comments are directed to me at least somewhat, I have to be honest, I'm a little annoyed as I've already explain my thoughts on Tangled and 3D animation. I'm a HUGE fan of all areas of animation and yes that includes 3d CGI. I also said that I too am willing to give Tangled a chance and I made the comment of "I hope it doesn't do better than Princess and the Frog." So that way, most animation companies will STOP thinking that a good animated movie HAS to be CGI, which isn't the case. As for Tangled looking like Shrek...well...DrTooth ALREADY explained that one (and by the way he didn't say it was SUPPOSE to be like Shrek, he just said it seems very "Shrek like."). But AGAIN I DON'T HATE CGI ANIMATION, there is just simply too much of it right now and hand drawn 2D animation has taken a HUGE back seat to it. It's great that Disney is getting back to 2D animation, but look HOW LONG it took them. I don't recall myself nor anyone else saying "Disney needs to ONLY do hand drawn animation" that's YOU MUPP PUTTING WORDS IN PEOPLE'S MOUTHS (which by the way is pretty annoying and a bit down right rude on your part).
Well put. It's not that I dislike the fact Tangled is CGI. It's very good CGI, and I do like the look to set the record straight. I just don't care for the tone. Maybe it's a case of bad trailer or something... but at this point, I'd rather see a completely sincere fairy tale movie. Too many people have gone to the "Fairy tales with a 'tude" well, and it's completely dried up. Even Henson got in on the act. Especially since Shrek only made fun of fairy tales as a bitter backhand at Disney.

Somehow Disney making a movie like that reminds of this situation:

A guy at an office with a bunch of his co-workers are laughing it up saying nasty, downright cruel things about a boss they don't like. The boss suddenly walks in and says "Oh! You're telling jokes? I love jokes." and prepares to tell a toothless one at his expense making fun of a tiny imperfection he's not sensitive about.

I will give the film a chance, and I actually hope you are right about this not being a parody, and I really hope this was based on a bad trailer. But unless it wows me, I'm not interested.

And yes, I do think it's unfair to want Disney to do only 2-D features... but then again, even when Princess and Frog was in development, they didn't really have or announce any plans for their next classic style film. I'm really glad about this Winnie the Pooh film. I'm also glad that they've stopped DTV sequels... but at the same time, I don't see what ails them at making original DTV animated films. I saw the Mickey's Musketeers film, and thought it was one of the best things they've done with the characters in a while. I for one would love to see semi-traditional Mickey and Co DTV films...maybe release them to theaters for February vacation like they did with Recess and Doug's First Movie.

As for Princess and Frog... well, I think they picked a bad release time. Disney clearly underestimated Avatar... which is completely natural. I don't think anyone would have expected it to live up to the hype, as the last movie with that much internet buzz was Snakes on a Plane. And we all know what happened with that. But then again, they chose the cushy Thanksgiving movie slot for that hideous Robert Zermeckis motion capture Christmas Carol. Had Princess and the Frog came out around then, it would have really had a chance. But it's my fault... I didn't think it would go out of theaters so quick and I was waiting to see it with someone and wound up seeing that awful Chipmunks sequel instead.

Though, to be fair, they didn't market the movie as "Dave's loser nephew who you just want to throttle watches Meerkat Manner with the boys." So the joke was on me, wasn't it?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somehow Disney making a movie like that reminds of this situation:

A guy at an office with a bunch of his co-workers are laughing it up saying nasty, downright cruel things about a boss they don't like. The boss suddenly walks in and says "Oh! You're telling jokes? I love jokes." and prepares to tell a toothless one at his expense making fun of a tiny imperfection he's not sensitive about.
That reminds me of a scene from the Family Guy episode I Am Peter Hear Me Roar.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the events of Toy Story 3 will affect the Boom! comic books, or if they will continue to take place between the events of Toy Story 2 and 3.