"Toy Story 4" in early planning stages

D'Snowth

Reaction score
[scrubs] was such a M*A*S*H knockoff anyway, but then again, so many medical comedies AND dramas actually admit that they're trying to be M*A*S*H (one even went so far as to have forced cameos by the cast members each episode, I believe).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well yeah wouldn't you? :wink:
Nah. IRL, immitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but in show business, immitation is the sincerest oform of not being creative enough to come up with your own ideas and premises.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The point is, the show ended on a high note and came back with an exceptionally low one.

The stories say the fans wanted another season, though I really don't understand why they would. Sometimes you just can't continue on a theme, especially when half the cast leaves because they were doing other projects at the time. Considering NBC basically wanted to push Scrubs off the schedule ever since the second year, it was miraculous it lasted as long as it did. But anyway, the show was basically going to end one year, a writer's strike stopped an actual ending, and it miraculously got a last season to tie the loose ends. Best example of something I could think of.

I mean, with Family Guy, the show was cancelled a second time a couple seasons before its prime and the fans wanted more. Ditto for Futurama... though there's a conspiracy as to why it was canned in the first place because they didn't want to separate Matt away from The Simpsons. Plus, it took longer for Futurama to really make a come back. Now, with FG, the show over the years lost quality, but it retained popularity through a newer group of fans, but losing a lot of the older ones. But FG managed to be more popular AFTER the comeback.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Now, with FG, the show over the years lost quality, but it retained popularity through a newer group of fans, but losing a lot of the older ones. But FG managed to be more popular AFTER the comeback.
Yeah I think I do count myself as one of the older fans that left, lol. I thought it was very funny initially, but now I don't know what the point of the show is besides being cruel, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I think I do count myself as one of the older fans that left, lol. I thought it was very funny initially, but now I don't know what the point of the show is besides being cruel, heh.

It's what gamers like. That's like 90% of their viewership... gamers and nasty college kids that watch idiots injure themselves on Youtube. I swear it had like 2 good seasons left before it was cancelled the second time (the first time, they managed to give it a second chance). LOVE American Dad, though. It's true what they say, the middle child always tries harder to get noticed when the first born doesn't have to do anything.

Futurama, as far as I know, is basically the same as it was. But then again, I only saw 2 episodes (Prisoner of Benda, The Late Phillip J Fry.... curse you Comedy Central "Matt's favorites" cue... you have all these South Parks.... not that I wasn't going to grab the DVD anyway). But I always felt that got a raw deal in terms of the time slot, getting constantly pre-emptied and all.

Anyway, I feel there are cartoons and TV shows that leave too early, and in most cases we NEVER get them back except for rerun or rereleased material. That's why I LOVE Boom's Darkwing Duck and Rescue Rangers lines... their Ducktales is something special, and seems to follow the comic routes... but Darkwing and Rescue Rangers seem to come in where the shows leave off. Some of the DC kids versions of cartoons based on comic books did that too. On the other hand, there are shows and movies that nicely ride off into the sunset or give us closure and don't need a comeback. Reboots are one thing (especially with comic book based properties... look how well Batman does every decade), but I don't think with Toy Story, that's a case.

Now if they REALLY want to squeeze more money out of the characters, I REALLY want them to release the Buzz Lightyear animated series on DVD. That show was so much more brilliant than it had to be, especially the episode where Buzz gets kidnapped, brainwashed, and works in an office building. That's one of my favorite episodes of anything ever.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
It's funny I found this thread...

I was honestly thinking about a new Toy Story movie before I found this news on this thread. I was thinking to myself, if there was to be another Toy Story movie, perhaps it should be all about Jessie and what her life was like with Emily, right until she grew up and gave Jessie away. She would be more like Woody was in Andy's room. But I guess a problem with that, is that it would be a "hard sell" doing a Toy Story movie without Woody and Buzz.

But in the end, I do agree, I don't think there is a need for a fourth Toy Story movie and this is coming from a HUGE Toy Story fan (and if you don't believe take into account that I spent 250 bucks plus shipping one of these AMAZING Jessie dolls...

wiley207

Reaction score
NO. I don't want Toy Story to become another DreamWorks-esque cash-cow franchise, especially after last year's masterpiece that was called "Toy Story 3" (in fact, my brother and I went to see it together with some friends to celebrate it being the first Toy Story movie for 10 years!)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I still think that the characters should live on only through short subjects. If they really want to make another one and reboot the franchise, then why not wait a while? 2020 will be the 25th anniversary. Wait until at least then!