ToyFare: Allen hints at something "so big"...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
floydnjanicefan said:
I know that the product may not be Muppet related, however seeing that the entire article in Toyfare was regarding the Muppets, I do not see why Palisades would throw in a comment about a nonMuppet related product at the end of the article. Everyone cross your fingures and hope that we find out soon...
True. I didn't think about that connection. Would be weird to do something all about The Muppets only to advertise something else; but, then again, if you already have someone's attention why not give them more information. Kind of like movies do with product placement, y'know? Could be anything. Fall is upon us now, so we should find out soon.

Luke

Reaction score
I asked Ken about whether it was a Muppet related product or not and he said that only Travis knows for sure what he's talking about - or something like that. I kinda got the hint that maybe whatever was said wasn't quite in the context it had been printed.

Luke

Reaction score
Cap Backfire said:
We'll have to see if the comic shop pulls through and gets the remaining lines. IF not, make mine Boxing-Cow, cause Big Jim is a good guy...
I think Boxing Cow have stopped trading aside from getting rid of old stock on Ebay. Best place to go is www.killertoys.com

beaker

Reaction score
Luke said:
I asked Ken about whether it was a Muppet related product or not and he said that only Travis knows for sure what he's talking about - or something like that. I kinda got the hint that maybe whatever was said wasn't quite in the context it had been printed.
why do people assume on here it is even muppet related? I never once thought that is what Travis meant, but perhaps a new franchsie aquirement...much like when they got Zim.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
They assume it is because it was mentioned in an article about The Muppets Figures. That's all.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
I assume because if it was the Zim or PALz line, it's be kind of disapointing...

Barry Lee

Reaction score
I don't know this BUT maybe the Gobo figure would've been the thing 'so' big.:smirk:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i am beginning to think it's the Fraggle Rock license. Ken passed on a few recent questions about that Gobo on the grounds it's not his job to talk about licensing (since when did Ken ever worry about what area he spoke about?) so i get the feeling that he couldn't answer them without having to mislead us and he definitely wouldn't do that. Add to that him fudging the question on whether Travis was talking about something "Muppet" related (well i guess Fraggle would be Muppet related) and the very careful wording of Travis' Fraggle "Bit" (where he didn't actually say they hadn't sorted out the licensing issues or the figures wouldn't be coming out) and it all seems to fit. I remember Wiggy said before he didn't think it was coincidental that we were being shown the Fraggle prototype after all this time.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nobody's ever said it WASN'T Fraggles either, so HOPEFULLY...

I'm all about it.

I can't remember how it came up in the past, but I remember posting somewhere to see the Fraggle prototype. I think several others also hopped into the posting mix as well, so maybe that's why we finally got to see it?

Luke

Reaction score
What happened was someone visited the Palisades office and saw it in Kens room. he got back and posted about what he saw. Apparently a lot of people had seen it in Kens room before but been sworn to secrecy so either it was a mistake that this person didn't know not to mention it or it was a deliberate thing to get us all going giddy.