ToyFare Vacation Fozzie On Sale Online August 28th

zachatack

Reaction score
Mail or Online Order?

I am not certain if I should mail in for the Fozzie figure or order it online in 2 weeks. I remember trying to order a Exclusive Simpsons figure and used the mail-in service (completely ignorant that I could order online) and I got my check back saying "product sold out." Have any others used the mail-in order? Or would it just be easier to order online? Just let me know.

On another sidenote, I noticed that Toys R Us has a terrible habit lately. My store here in Mass. has a tendency to place their price stickers on the plastic part, and not the cardboard part. I am sure die-hard collectors are experts at removing tags from cardbacks, but the plastic can be quite tricky. They do this with all figures. I don't mind because I'm opening my figs, but when I collected Star Wars, I just thought, "No real collector is going to buy something that they can't remove just for market value." (well, thats my TRU rant)

Peter

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Re: Mail or Online Order?

Originally posted by zachatack
I am not certain if I should mail in for the Fozzie figure or order it online in 2 weeks. I remember trying to order a Exclusive Simpsons figure and used the mail-in service (completely ignorant that I could order online) and I got my check back saying "product sold out." Have any others used the mail-in order? Or would it just be easier to order online? Just let me know.

On another sidenote, I noticed that Toys R Us has a terrible habit lately. My store here in Mass. has a tendency to place their price stickers on the plastic part, and not the cardboard part. I am sure die-hard collectors are experts at removing tags from cardbacks, but the plastic can be quite tricky. They do this with all figures. I don't mind because I'm opening my figs, but when I collected Star Wars, I just thought, "No real collector is going to buy something that they can't remove just for market value." (well, thats my TRU rant)

Peter
Used in moderation, gasoline, thinner, or nail polish remover will get those pesky stickers off in a flash. There's also products out there that are made specifically for removing stickers/etc. You can find them in the hardware areas of WalMart, and I think in Automotive at Target.

The only thing I ever tried to order from ToyFare was a Simpsons figure, I mailed the payment the day the coupon became available, and never got it. Im going the online route with this one, Im sure it wont be difficult to get that way.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
I have the perfect stuff for sticker removal. It's called "Bestine". You can buy it at a local craft store like Michael's. Bestine was made to be a rubber cement thinner. People use it to remove the rubber cement from the backs of old photographs taken out of scrapbooks etc... So you know that if people are using it on photographs, it has to be pretty gentle stuff so that it doesn't screw up people's pictures (when's the last time you took gas or thinner to a photo?). And it is extremely gentle. I just put a little bit on a paper towel and apply it to the price tag. Then after a few seconds (you can't wait too long because the Bestine evaporates quickly) the chemical has done it's magic on the price sticker and you can peel it off. Then I use the paper towel again almost like a cleanser to rub away any rubber cement residue. The Bestine evaporates away without a trace. It's the most uninvasive solvent I've ever used. You have to really screw up and scrub like the dickens to get it to affect the cardback (taking it off the plastic is even easier). I just used it the other day to remove a twenty year old price tag. Poof. Gone. I've used everything from lighter fluid to goof off, goo gone, thinner, etc (all stuff that you can really screw up a cardback with easily)... and everything else pales in comparison to Bestine. It's only about $4.00 for four ounces, and it's worth every penny. I usually get about a year or two out of a jar.

zachatack

Reaction score
Cool

Yeah, I'm gonna order online too. The mail-in thing just seems so outdated these days. I figure there should be enough for the die-hards online.

Those are some cool ideas for sticker removal. I'll have to remember them.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
this maybe a stupit question, but what is a first class stamp?
the toy fair fozzie envlope say's it need's a first class stamp.

did you guys read some of the stuff in that magazine about the muppets?!?!

sheesh! one of there reason's they love rowlf the dog is because he's a"beer drinking dog"!

i mean it's true, but it's NOT why i love Rowlf! there was also a bit about Dr Teeth....good gref...my friend got a good laugh outta that.

zachatack

Reaction score
A first class stamp is a 37 cent stamp.

Did you guys see the "slight" in the Twisted Toyfae Theatre. On page 61, where Skeletor is talking:

First Hordak moved in, then we were all repackaged as "He-Man in Space," so I split before we became "He-Man Babies" and opened this game reserve."

Could even Toyfare and Skeletor not like the Muppet Babies, or even Muppets in Space?

Peter

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
A first class stamp is a 37 cent stamp.
A 37 cent stamp? wouldn't that be just a reguler old stamp?
I thought a first class stamp would be like... i don't even know... probaly something expencive and larger then a common everyday stamp...but that's what it is right? a common everyday stamp.

i don't know my stamps...

Thanks thought:big_grin: