ToyFare Vacation Fozzie On Sale Online August 28th

grail

Reaction score
i was disappointed with the Muppety goodness that showed up in toyfare.

they showed the series 3 prototypes (including nekkid Rowlf), but no Chef. they didn't show any of the regular series 2 figs, but they showed Animal and the stage. that's not really true, they showed blue-jacket Floyd, but still.

and even though they're on the cover, there's only two pages of Muppet stuff, and no article. there is a nice little surprise for fans that read the blurb, though. (i'm not telling, go look for yourself)

there was some pretty funny Muppet stuff in the "Big Shots" though, so don't forget to check those out. and i was really surprised that Vacation Fozzie was only $14 ($19 by UPS ground).

what i "love" is the fact that there is no mention that it's a shared exclusive. as far as the general public knows, this is it. they don't know that Fozzie'll be at Musicland (though in a different color) fairly soon.

oh hey, and gw...if you want to check your mail now, try www.mail2web.com we use it here a lot to check inboxes for bottlenecked email.

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
what i "love" is the fact that there is no mention that it's a shared exclusive. as far as the general public knows, this is it. they don't know that Fozzie'll be at Musicland (though in a different color) fairly soon.
Same thing with the tux Kermit exclusive they shared with TRU. It wasn't until I got on this forum that I found out it woud be available anywhere else.

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
I don't want to step on toes here, but since the Musicland version is a different paint scheme, doesn't that mean its not really a shared exclusive? Toyfare/Wizardworld will be the only ones with this color version, and Musicland/Mediaplay/etc with the other. Sure, they are the same sculpt, but different paint schemes mean two variations. Just my 2 cents though......

grail

Reaction score
toes are intact, no worries...

and you're right, technically you can only get this EXACT Fozzie from them, but the body style is the real exclusive, and it would have been nice if they had aknowledged that people have a choice. instead, you're led to believe that the only way to get Vacation Fozzie AT ALL is by buying one of their "limited quantities".

and like Louis said, they did the same thing with tux Kermit, and the only differece there was the sticker

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
Ahh, I gotcha now :wink:

I guess I can kind of see why they wouldn't want to advertise an alternative. They can make people think its the only one available, and boost their sales. Then when the blue one rolls around, everyone can write angry letters to ToyFare telling them how they were mislead :wink:

Thankfully, because of this site I know about both of them! :smile:

And about the sticker, did Toys R Us's have a TRU sticker on it? I ask, because I ordered mine from Amazon.com/Toys R Us, and when it arrived, it had "Toy Fare Exclusive" on the sticker. I hadn't even realized it was a shared exclusive, then found this site, and all was set to rest

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by BigDumbWookiee
And about the sticker, did Toys R Us's have a TRU sticker on it? I ask, because I ordered mine from Amazon.com/Toys R Us, and when it arrived, it had "Toy Fare Exclusive" on the sticker.
You gotta be kidding me! LOL! No, as far as I know, the TRU version should be stickerless. I joined the forum the very day that I mailed my coupon for Tux Kermit to Toyfare. I felt like a fool finding out it was available through TRU. Then I went straight back to my mag, and sure enough, it didn't say exclusive anywhere in the ad for Kermie. I was just so used to Toyfare having the exclusive offers that I assumed it was their's alone.

Reminds me of the time my Toys R Us got a boatload of series 1 Simpsons playsets, and they were all prestickered with "K-Mart $19.99" price tags.

grail

Reaction score
Originally posted by Louis Kazagger
Reminds me of the time my Toys R Us got a boatload of series 1 Simpsons playsets, and they were all prestickered with "K-Mart $19.99" price tags.
i don't know wether that's funny, or really sad...they came from the warehouse like that?

BigDumbWookiee

Reaction score
lol! Well, one of the original things keeping me from getting into the new Muppets line was due to Toys R Us.

I went into their store one day, knowing there was a "new Muppet line", thats all I knew. I finally managed to find them, and they were on a peg (which was indeed labeled Muppets, or something to the effect that implied that peg did indeed have some muppety goodness attached to it), and the price on the peg said $20.00! I thought this was surely a mistake, so I asked, and even the manager said, "Yes, that price is correct". Well, I decided I couldn't afford to collect them right there.

Luckily, just less than a month ago, I found out the TRUE price of the figures (I was so discouraged by what happened, I stopped looking, or wanting them). Needless to say, I bought them up as quickly as I could!

Louis Kazagger

Reaction score
Originally posted by grail
i don't know wether that's funny, or really sad...they came from the warehouse like that?
Yep, TRU Canada was the only retailer to carry Simpsons figures here, and we only ever got Wave 1 stuff (never got any other waves). Our Wave 1 stuff came about six months after the U.S. got their figures (they were past wave two already). So we got this glut of "leftover" U.S. wave 1 stuff. K-Mart Canada had already been bankrupt for quite a while so there's no other reason for the playsets to show up here marked "K-Mart $19.99". Each TRU got a ton of it product, probably more than any single store in the states. At one point my local TRU had over 200 each of Homer and Bart leftover on the pegs. It actually took a couple of months for us to catch on (we got the figs in October and I was still able to buy Lisa, Grampa, etc... the following March), but all the Canadian collector's I know got wise to the fact that most of the wave 1 stuff was completely dried up in the U.S. and we used our figs as trade bait for newer stuff.

kmcphoto

Reaction score
Toys R Us didnt have a sticker on it. But I am surprised that you found one in Toys R Us that had a Toyfare sticker on it.