TUGS

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Bumping up this thread cause I figured I’d mention this.

So I finally got around to watching all thirteen episodes of Tugs (in their uncut 20 minute editions, I may add). After finishing the series, I have to say this was a great show that I really wish had gotten a second season like the og 80s era of Thomas and Friends (as I believe it was initially intended to be; the only reason we really got a third and fourth season was because of Shining Time Station; the fifth was to lead up to Magic Railroad, six onward was just, IMO, milking the series to death, even if seasons 6 and 7 and a few CGI episodes during the Brenner era were fairly entertaining none the less).

But anyway, I have to say the filming for this show was great, from the models to the set designs and the ocean water. I love how all characters had their own individual voices; Ten Cents, Izzy Gomez and Zorran being my top three favorites. It was also cool to see some props like a few trucks from season 2 of Thomas were also used here as well (and later on, many of the Tugs sets were used in season 3 onward in Thomas). A lot of the thrills/crashes/explosions were great, and I thought did it better than they were done in season 5 of Thomas (my biggest issue with that season was it felt like it was really trying hard to copy TUGS at times). Overall this was a very good series that definitely deserves more recognition; if it made its way into the US (ignoring its cheesy import via “Salty’s Lighthouse,”) I would have definitely enjoyed this series as a kid.