Turtlenecks

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone here like turtleneck sweaters? I've always thought they were a neat fashion all my life.

They were very popular in the 70's. A lot of 70's characters on TV wore turtlenecks, like on The Electric Company, and Maria and Luis from classic Sesame Street. And Chrissy from Three's Company seemed to wear turtleneck sweaters a lot and sometimes wore a belt around the waist of the sweater too.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like turtlenecks myself, there's just one problem... I don't have a neck, so I can't wear them.:cry:

Skye

Reaction score
I used to wear turtlenecks all the time when I was younger! I'm actually not too fond of wearing them anymore, though. I like to feel a bit more free so I generally stay away from them. I do think turtleneck sweaters are a very cute fashion, though!

So, with me... nice to look at, not so much to wear. :wink:

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
I like turtlenecks myself, there's just one problem... I don't have a neck, so I can't wear them.:cry:
*in psychiatrist voice* Uh-huh....I see.

*writes down 'has no neck' on list of further proof that Snowth IS really a Snowth*

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I've worn them before. I think that look nice on others, but there a bit too uncomfortable for me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I hate turtle necks... I hate sweaters... I don't even like collared shirts. I don't even like long sleave shirts. No matter what, I always wear T-shirts. Doesn't matter how cold it is outside, I always wear a T-shirt. Under a coat, of course, in the winter time... but always a T-shirt.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I used to not like collared shirts when I was little. They were always so uncomfortable. But they don't bother me as much.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Don't wear turtles! ;_;

*Some guy smacks forehead*

:confused: Wait, what?
OHH! TURTLENECKS! XP

I'm kidding.

I LOVE turtlenecks.
I dress very modest...so turtlenecks are my thing.
I love wearing 'em when it's real cold. <3

=D Turtlyneckies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been told the way I draw turtlenecks look more like the characters are wearing neckbraces. *Shrug*

Buit I'm the exact opposite of Drtooth, I love sweaters, I never can wait for the temps to dip down into the 50s so I can break out my sweaters and wear 'em... just like that comfort you can get from sweaters. :smile:

I don't have any turtlenecks now, but I have a brown sweater with aturned-up collar and buttons down the chest (like with polo shirts), similar to what soldiers wore in the cold in the old days.