Turtlenecks

Xerus

Reaction score
I've been told the way I draw turtlenecks look more like the characters are wearing neckbraces. *Shrug*

Buit I'm the exact opposite of Drtooth, I love sweaters, I never can wait for the temps to dip down into the 50s so I can break out my sweaters and wear 'em... just like that comfort you can get from sweaters. :smile:

I don't have any turtlenecks now, but I have a brown sweater with aturned-up collar and buttons down the chest (like with polo shirts), similar to what soldiers wore in the cold in the old days.
I've seen your drawings of Jeanette and Irma and I thought you did a great job with their turtlenecks, Snowthy. :smile:

Also, I'd like to mention that a lot of mystery solving cartoon teens from the 70's wore a lot of turtlenecks. If you've seen Scooby Doo, Goober and the Ghost Chasers, Josie and the Pussycats, Phunky Phantom, and Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels, you'll see what I mean.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ugh...I hate turtlenecks. I hate anything that comes close to my neck. I measured my neck and its about 15 inches (interesting considering that I am overweight), and I cant wear anything (like necklaces) smaller than 18 inches if that gives you a clue.

Turtlenecks are the worst. I feel like its going to strangle me...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------------
*stares at a Snowth, which does indeed have a neck...a really loooong thick one*
*adjusts glasses, puzzled*

Er... Aren't the Snowths ALREADY wearing pink furry turtlenecks?

I prefer mock-turtles. Had a bad experience once with a giant blue snake monster that was posing as a turtleneck... *shudders* Nope. Give me a good sports coat any day!

-------------------------

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
I was more into them when I was a teenager, going through my aspiring-beatnik stage. Now that I've grown up to be more laid-back, I like T-shirts and loose blouses (though usually, since puberty was very generous to me, if you know what I mean, I like wearing lower-cut tops when I'm going out).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I was more into them when I was a teenager, going through my aspiring-beatnik stage. Now that I've grown up to be more laid-back, I like T-shirts and loose blouses (though usually, since puberty was very generous to me, if you know what I mean, I like wearing lower-cut tops when I'm going out).
Just because you mentioned that, I'm reminded of a time I was at Walmart, and down the aisle I saw this rather vulupuous woman, and I SWEAR, from a distance, it looked her t-shirt actually read something other than "Got Books?" when I saw that's what it said up close. :embarrassed: